Heroicfort's Unit Thread

Pirates uploaded! Next stop: native american machinegunner :)

EDIT: native american machinegunner uploaded! Also uploaded modern female spy :)

Machine gunner looks nice. I assume Anna Chapman was the inspiration for the spy?

Machine gunner looks nice. I assume Anna Chapman was the inspiration for the spy?

:D :D

did you like the greek medieval units? they look kinda nice :)

EDIT: allright, a little preview from my next project :) . it's a (heavy?) swordsman from civ5 (see attached images :) ) which i'm thinking to upload him as a fantasy unit but i'm open to any suggestions. he will be using a spear and a shield and the sword i'm planning to put in that thing on his back would basically be for decoration :) .

Attachments

• Civ5 Swordsman Pose 1.PNG
    Civ5 Swordsman Pose 1.PNG
    234.8 KB · Views: 324
  • Civ5 Swordsman Pose 2.PNG
    Civ5 Swordsman Pose 2.PNG
    221.7 KB · Views: 438

did you like the greek medieval units? they look kinda nice :)

They do look nice. I think they look more Anglo-Scandinavian than Greek though. Did you ever finish that Santa Anna great general you were working on? He looked fantastic! :goodjob:

They do look nice. I think they look more Anglo-Scandinavian than Greek though.

EDIT: you won't believe what i found in wikipedia :) :

Spoiler :
The Varangian Guard (Greek: Τάγμα των Βαράγγων, Tágma tōn Varángōn) was an elite unit of the Byzantine Army, from the 10th to the 14th centuries, whose members served as personal bodyguards to the Byzantine Emperors. They are known for being primarily composed of Germanic peoples, specifically Scandinavians (the Guard was formed approximately 200 years into the Viking age) and Anglo-Saxons (after the Norman Conquest of England created an Anglo-Saxon emigration, part of which found employment in Byzantium).

Source:
Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varangian_Guard

Ofcourse those 2 greek medieval units i uploaded are in no way dressed as a Varangian Guard but at least i somehow managed to give them the Anglo-Scandinavian look :D :D .
In all seriousness, there are some great looking varangian guard units in Realism Invictus mod. I have already edited a few of them and now seems like the perfect time to upload some of them :) :)

Did you ever finish that Santa Anna great general you were working on? He looked fantastic! :goodjob:

i believe by the end of the week it will be ready :) . worst case scenario, i release it as a beta :D . the only problem the unit has is that "slight" right upper arm anomaly/deformation, otherwise it seems to work just fine :) .

believe by the end of the week it will be ready :) . worst case scenario, i release it as a beta :D . the only problem the unit has is that "slight" right upper arm anomaly/deformation, otherwise it seems to work just fine :) .

Looking forward to it. I'm glad to see someone still working on this great old game! :goodjob:

Hey there art maker,
I wonder if you would be willing to create some arts for my next mod version of barsoom.

What i need is some more "thark" units,
Someone named clank have created some for me awhile ago.
But i need more.

The main charitaristic for the units, is a humenoid soldiers in green color, with 4 arms, theres plenty of skeches and art in google.

Would you be interested?

hi ,
first of !

thank you in advance for anything you can come up with.

ok so for your question -
i need more modern types - gun soldiers, modern type units.
i also need maybe some types of animal riders, fictional animals,
maybe a chariot with gun soldier on it perhaps.
maybe possible to change the griffon rider to something more canon.
anyway, feel free to invent with your imagination, anything will be welcomed:)

the tharks are primitives but the use guns mostly :)

thank you so much!

p.s clanky is the guys who made them, they are cool :)

hi keldath,
if i find smth good and can turn it into a unit, i will upload it to tell me what you think. but this might take long because i'm currently working on some elf units. although they are simple units, nothing much, they do require a lot of my free time but i believe they worth it because imho i think they look great :D :D . i'm gonna upload them as soon as they're ready :) .

EDIT: By the way, would anyone might need another version of the Zulu & Ethiopian infantry that i made, maybe to use it as a partisan, militia, ww1/early/light infantry e.t.c ? i've attached images to tell me what you think :)

Attachments

• Zulu Infantry v2.PNG
    Zulu Infantry v2.PNG
    192.8 KB · Views: 264
  • Ethiopian Infantry v2.PNG
    Ethiopian Infantry v2.PNG
    175.2 KB · Views: 231
EDIT: By the way, would anyone might need another version of the Zulu & Ethiopian infantry that i made, maybe to use it as a partisan, militia, ww1/early/light infantry e.t.c ? i've attached images to tell me what you think :)

I personally don't think I need them, but they do look good. My personal philosophy is that if I took the time to reskin/make a unit, and the result look decent enough, go ahead and upload it. Someone else might need it, and it's not hurting anything to add to the database. :)

I personally don't think I need them, but they do look good. My personal philosophy is that if I took the time to reskin/make a unit, and the result look decent enough, go ahead and upload it. Someone else might need it, and it's not hurting anything to add to the database. :)

hi thecowwarrior,
i know you're absolutely right, i should be more confident but the thing is, when i make units with no historical accuracy in mind, i sometimes like people to comment and tell me what they think so that i know i didn't overdo it, meaning the unit still looks kinda realistic and doesn't belong to the fantasy section :D :D

Hey Herioc, I have some more images regarding concept art for those modern Knights Templar we spoke of if your interested

hi Sword_Of_Geddon,
those images look great! i noticed that they also depict a police unit with a shield that looks similar to the police unit i recently uploaded :D . i also have that texture in blue and maybe i should upload that too :)
as for a templar, i didn't do any futuristic one but i used a unit from MoM and made a medieval one (see pics and comment :D) :)

Attachments

• templar knight.PNG
    templar knight.PNG
    111.3 KB · Views: 281
  • templar_knight.PNG
    templar_knight.PNG
    89.9 KB · Views: 220
The medieval Templar you uploaded look awesome! I definitely will use it.

Could you make a Templar Rifleman?

I second this notion. It really is a fantastic unit. :goodjob:

thanks guys, but the unit isn't 100% ready yet. i have to re-assign some final vertices and check if i can add a more "templar-knight" theme oriented helmet. instead i was thinking to upload an altered version of the default templar unit that i made (see attached images at bottom of this post :) ). it may look simpler than the one posted above but great nonetheless :)

Could you make a Templar Rifleman?

sure but what type of model should i use as a base? i do have an idea but i'm gonna need your opinion/comments on this :)

Attachments

• Templar_Alternative pic1.PNG
    Templar_Alternative pic1.PNG
    221.8 KB · Views: 284
  • Templar_Alternative pic2.png
    Templar_Alternative pic2.png
    211 KB · Views: 249
Top Bottom