Hey this game this might be a bit different..

Walter R

Great Engineer
(England, King, Marathon, small continents, 8/16)

So I only recently got out exploring with caravels (about 20-30 turns ago) and now I finally know who everyone is and the general situation. Monty is world bully, with Atilla close second, and Arabia is wonder-mongering (for a change :)) and turns out to be really close to me, just an ocean tile away from my previously known world north of London. And get this: Monty has almost wiped out Napoleon, Atilla has wiped out Darius and Russia is not a runaway (well not yet anyway). Oda is my neighbour and 'friend' and frankly he's about bottom of the heap; and he's done nothing but nag for cash/luxes etc. from the get-go ("...this humble warrior...").
I've just got my SOTL upgrade so I guess Harun can expect company soon; after that I'd better go reign in the Aztec boy. By then Cathy is bound to have backstabbed Oda so I'll be heading homewards. It has all the hallmarks of a great fun game, which certainly wasn't indicated by the less-than-inspiring start position (I hate jungle starts!!!).
Also from what I know of it the map shape is really interesting and will stop my little fleet just scooting about at will (there are several narrow straits to navigate).

Can't wait for next installment!

This map is really different. I selected small continents (as I often do with England) but the result is a lot different to what I usually get. Lots of long stringy continents, difficult straits (but not dire!), and no direct sea lanes. It's forcing me to be a lot more strategic with my fleet movement, which is enhancing the game no end. Hated the start position for London but loving the world map!

Small continents are my favorite map script. They range from maps that could be considered continents to maps that could be considered archipelago. Unlike archipelago, you almost always start on a land mass big enough for 2 or more cities, and sometimes have a continental neighbor/trading partner or 2 (as many as 5 for standard sized maps.) At times these maps necessitate predominantly naval military, other times necessitate predominantly land military. But most of the time, the maps give the option of being successful with exclusively land or exclusively naval military, and it's the only map script that frequently offers either extreme as a valid option.

Also noteworthy is that in small continents maps, all enemy (sorry, "AI controlled") civ capitals are guaranteed to be coastal.

Small Continents Plus is also a great map script. It's like normal Small Continents, but adds a lot of small islands to the bunch. Very interesting.
It's part of the Scrambled Worlds pack.

Small continents are my favorite map script. They range from maps that could be considered continents to maps that could be considered archipelago. Unlike archipelago, you almost always start on a land mass big enough for 2 or more cities, and sometimes have a continental neighbor/trading partner or 2 (as many as 5 for standard sized maps.) At times these maps necessitate predominantly naval military, other times necessitate predominantly land military. But most of the time, the maps give the option of being successful with exclusively land or exclusively naval military, and it's the only map script that frequently offers either extreme as a valid option.

Yes, home continent had room for 4 cities, short isthmus to Japan's part, then stretches off east for ages. Not small at all!

Also noteworthy is that in small continents maps, all enemy (sorry, "AI controlled") civ capitals are guaranteed to be coastal.

Like the way you think! :)

Top Bottom