Hiawatha doing what he does best

Blitz Spearman

Warlord
Look at how freaking soon in the game this is.

Spoiler :

I almost didn't believe when I saw this. It is hard to conceive how is this mathematically possible, even with AI advantages. Bear in mind that this is Immortal difficulty, so the AI starts with just 1 settler, as opposing to 2 on Deity. While it is entirely possible to do this even as a human player with Liberty + hill tiles, your capital would sit at size 2 forever, but this fella has a nice size 5 cap, while my own capital is still 6 turns away from the 5th citizen.

It might have found a settler in ancient ruins, as well as some culture to get the one from Liberty branch. Regarding the fourth city... ¿rush buy after some insane income?

It might have found a settler in ancient ruins, as well as some culture to get the one from Liberty branch. Regarding the fourth city... ¿rush buy after some insane income?

I was playing with ancient ruins turned off. And settlers from ruins is something that only happen in the lowest difficulties anyway. He definitely had Collective Rule already, because I was just 1 turn from there myself, and the AI has hammer cheats to get Monument up sooner. But the other 2 settlers would need to be hard built.

Maybe that he found el dorado behind him...

I think he managed to do this because of a fairly production-rich capital. It's on a hill and he has mining going, so it's clear he's got a decent amount of hammers. Plus if he indeed went Collective Rule, those Settlers get pumped out about...50% faster, if I recall? So yes, it's clear Hiawatha's going full-on Liberty and pumping out as many settlers as possible.

Holy crap. You need to get your chus up and attack fast. Or maybe even before you get them. He's gonna have a ton of tomahawks and there's tons of forest in there. Maybe you can lure them out.

I'd imagine he hard builds settlers in 7-8 turns, but the annoying thing is that he's managed to grow his capital to 5 pop while getting two settlers out in 30 turns (movemnt time taken into consideration). He must have bought the 2nd I reckon.. selling luxuries maybe?

You are merely a stepping stone for my ascent to the grand stage something. Hiawatha's favorite line when he dows me and ends up in a stalemate.

War is coming for you, get ready. Don't neglect ur military.

Also proving once again that AI is horrible at picking city locations (especially hiawatha). Osininka was clearly stuck a couple tiles off the coast, he could have had a COASTAL city on a river and actually enabled his capital to work all of its available spaces but of course that wouldnt be any good. Instead lets put the coastal city up where there is a bare minimum of production and food immediately available. Akwesasme is the only city which looks like it was settled in a somewhat logical position

Wait wut, I thought on Immortal they start with an extra settler other than the one they need for the capital.

I mean, I think I saw Germany once who had a settler around T20~. Without collective rule. So... I think he had 2-3 pop in Berlin.

At least with the Science nerf to city spam Hiawatha will be toned down a bit. Have yet to play against him in BNW oddly; he used to be in almost every game.

I think he managed to do this because of a fairly production-rich capital. It's on a hill and he has mining going, so it's clear he's got a decent amount of hammers. Plus if he indeed went Collective Rule, those Settlers get pumped out about...50% faster, if I recall? So yes, it's clear Hiawatha's going full-on Liberty and pumping out as many settlers as possible.

It might be very possible, but do the AI ignore the 'no growth when producing settlers rule' or do they actually get THAT much of a food boost that he can produce 3 settlers, and still be AHEAD of a player who produced none? =)

Not bad, but usually this means that on turn 60 you can rush him with 4-5 composites and warrior.

Insane screenshot - good luck surviving that. I have to say, though, I'd rather see the other AIs play more like this than the ho-hum one-city challenge most of them seem to prefer.

How much bonus happiness is the AI even getting on Immortal? I really wish they'd work on a better AI (rather: less awful AI) so the cheating wouldn't have to be so completely nuts. Unfortunately, that horse is obviously long gone; V will never have decent AI. Three years of abysmal support for this supposedly AAA million-seller.

It might be very possible, but do the AI ignore the 'no growth when producing settlers rule' or do they actually get THAT much of a food boost that he can produce 3 settlers, and still be AHEAD of a player who produced none? =)

Read the thread, this AI has only hard-produced one Settler. There's a free Settler from Immortal difficulty, and another from Liberty. The real magic is he can apparently support this nonsense happiness-wise.

Insane screenshot - good luck surviving that. I have to say, though, I'd rather see the other AIs play more like this than the ho-hum one-city challenge most of them seem to prefer.

How much bonus happiness is the AI even getting on Immortal? I really wish they'd work on a better AI (rather: less awful AI) so the cheating wouldn't have to be so completely nuts. Unfortunately, that horse is obviously long gone; V will never have decent AI. Three years of abysmal support for this supposedly AAA million-seller.

Read the thread, this AI has only hard-produced one Settler. There's a free Settler from Immortal difficulty, and another from Liberty. The real magic is he can apparently support this nonsense happiness-wise.

I did read the thread, and the op clearly states that on immortal the AI only starts with one settler.

I took this as a fact, seeing how I skipped immortal difficulty altogether.

How much bonus happiness is the AI even getting on Immortal?
Just had a look at the games files since I was curious about this myself

In BNW on all difficulties AI starts with 15 happiness (same as human on settler)
And has a reduction in both city and population unhappiness to 90% (between Warlord and Prince for human)
On Emperor and above there is an additional factor that reduces the AI's total unhappiness. For immortal this is 85% (15% reduction)

So in this situation assuming the AI has 3 improved resources (hard to tell from the screenshot) a Human on prince+ would have -1 Happiness and an immortal AI has 10.17 Happiness

I think they get an extra worker, warrior and scout, but only 1 settler.
I can also confirm this is correct

Top Bottom