Hiawatha religion spam

sherbz

Deity
Ok this is IMO fairly crazy. I have no idea where he is getting all these missionaries and great prophets from, but this is the 3rd one he has sent into my territory alone along with about 10 other missionaries on top of what you can see here. This is worst religious spam i have seen. I initially thought i might go piety because im the Celts, started off near forest, and thought i could possibly do well there. Not when i see all this stuff. I have founded my religion, missed out on every religious building though. Im saving up for a GP so i can convert some back. I wasnt aware that Hiwatha was such a zealot. My thinking was always that the likes of Pacal Ethiopia etc were the religious ones.

Spoiler :

I think Haiwatha is is just a crazy spammer in general. He always has the most cities and units in my plays where he is present and and on occasion he goes nuts with religion. Haiwatha is definately one of the most, if not the most aggressive little pain in the backside in the whole game. Squash him as early as possible or else he will get too big to even bother with. (Nukes help).

Take a quick look at this:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...7VoufBU/s3000/BNW%20Leaders%20Spreadsheet.png

As you can see Hiawatha has quite a high inclination towards religion. He's sitting at a 7 and the highest is an 8, so he is quite a religious bloke. I have noticed in games with him in it, he can give you competition for Stonehenge for example. In combination with his 9 for expansion which is actually higher than any other civ, it lends himself to a wide, religious maniac so I believe this is fairly normal for his AI.

My only suggestion would be to station inquisitors in your cities, or at the very least in your holy city. At least then, you religion wouldn't be completely run over and you can build up to a point where you can spread yours back. If you don't want an inquisitor, you can always station 6 units around your capitol, that way his missionaries/GP can't convert it.

It reminds me that game where isabella started next to Mt Sinai. On top of that she built stonehenge and took the founder belief which give +2faith per city (don't know the name), amoung other things...

It ended up pure madness with her basically swarming the world with prophets and missionaries :lol:

I think he must have gone hard liberty, took a Great Prophet with the free GP, then got Mosque of Djenn AND hagia sophia. I mean thats 5 Great Prophets including those 2 and we are in 1390.

I would have got inquisitors, but all i have managed to do is found a religion and upgrade it.

i couldnt squash Hiawatha early either. I was next to Aztechs who obviously declared war so i killed all their units and they ceded a city to me. The happiness killed me for a while, but im doing better now. Looks like Austria is the one to fear though :-/

Top Bottom