Hiawatha the Magnificent - domination strategy

With the Iraquois I would consider Writing, COL, Philosophy, Rebublic

Pick up other stuff through trades and research hb riding if you cant trade it, It should not take you republic ling, trigger Golden Age with Mounted Warriors, and you can then conquer the world

I just won my first emperor game as Iros but it took me till 960 AD on a standard map and I used plenty of cavalry :D

I will have to give this a shot on a small map; it sounds like a lot of fun!

I just won my first emperor game as Iros but it took me till 960 AD on a standard map and I used plenty of cavalry :D

I will have to give this a shot on a small map; it sounds like a lot of fun!

Good stuff, I managed a demigod domination win in 280Ad with these guys on a small map.

My preference is the republic slingshot, then get HBR and trigger Golden Age, this allows me use a number of cities to produce MW every two turns (using part rush), I did manage to capture TOA only a few turns after it was built which really helped.

The fastest I ever got was a conquest victory in 320 AD. That was with the Celts though.

I played one of these last weekend. Won around 650 AD. I started on a small peninsula, fighting Zulu, Babylon, and Persia! The latter two were actually up to the MA before I got the win :lol:

I played one of these last weekend. Won around 650 AD. I started on a small peninsula, fighting Zulu, Babylon, and Persia! The latter two were actually up to the MA before I got the win :lol:

They are fun aren't they. Like I said "potato Chips"

You might also want to try placing your cities 5 apart, then when they pop you get extraspace between them.

Tried the same strategy but with the celts. It works and no need for TOA either. Celts can easily pop-rush temples and support them with one taxman per city.
For comparison tried the same strat with Byzantines on monarch (general swords rush)-didn't work good enough but gave a base to finish'em with cavalry.

I don't usually play Iros as they dodn't seem right- They didn't have MW in real life in ancient age, not even in the industrial, the Lakota had them in industrial. To make the Iros more realitsic I would rename them Lakota, give them MW as 7.2.4 instead of cavalry.

I don't usually play Iros as they dodn't seem right- They didn't have MW in real life in ancient age, not even in the industrial, the Lakota had them in industrial. To make the Iros more realitsic I would rename them Lakota, give them MW as 7.2.4 instead of cavalry.

There's a lot of civs who's UU is kind of spurious. For the Americans, for example, Marines should be their UU rather than a general tech IMO. Similarly, the Longbowmen would be an English UU rather than a general unit and should have a higher defence stat. Musketeers sound nice for the French cultural history but the UU doesn't reflect it too well as they should have a greater attack strength, at least 4. Instead of waiting for Panzers, Germany should have formidable warriors as the germanic legions of Rome were the most feared as was the lands they inhabited beyond Rome's boundary. And, again for Germany, their Knights were the best in Europe and most famous, the Templars, so a UU for these for the Germans would also be a better option IMO.

Generally, I don't think any civ should have a UU in the Modern Era or even late Industrial as the aim of the game (via it's point scoring system, not gamer pleasure objectives) is to finish the game as early as possible. So it's a bit of backward thinking on behalf of the devs to penalise certain civs in this respect. Even Marines is probably too late for an American UU, it would probably be best to give them a Cavalry or Rifleman UU.

Really. The Iroquois were a North American woodlands confederation who got around mostly by canoes on rivers and lakes. Hard to see how MW could function w/o roads, bumping into trees every coupla meters :lol:.

As for renaming and changing the UU to a cavalry replacement, it's an interesting idea, altho indigenous Americans didn't usually fight in the European manner, with stricter discipline and leadership hierarchies.

Top Bottom