Highest Yield Tile

themathmajician

Chieftain
So the question: What is the highest possible tile yield in CiV? By "yield" I mean the total number of "points" of each tile (#of hammers+#of apples+beakers+culture etc.), objectively speaking. We are not trying to find out which tile is better for gameplay
The four categories:
1. Normal tiles: probably something with salt or marble
2. Great Person Improvements: probably something with Korea
3. Natural Wonders: this is the one I've been thinking about, and I think the highest is Cerro de Potosi as Spain for 20 gold 8 faith 10 culture for 38 Points
4. City Tile: Not city yield, the stuff you see in the city screen. The actually values you see on the map when you press Y. These are going to be hard to test, depending on starting dirt and social policies(maybe?).

Hmmm this should be interesting.

1) I'm going to imagine a Marble desert hill on a river tiles.

So we get base 2 hammers 2 gold. Lets put a mine on it (with chemistry).

If we add Stone circles, Petra, Stoneworks, Mausoleum of Harlicarnassus, a hydro plant and the Order policy Five year plan that should get us.

1 Food, 8 hammers, 4 gold (5 with golden age), 2 faith.

2. Great Person improvements.
Probably Korea but I'm not sure if the UA carries across to Landmarks. But we can have an Academy with +4 science from New Deal + 4 science from Scientific Theory/Atomic Theory +2 science for Korean UA + 2 culture for historical monuments for a total of 18 science and 2 culture.
3. Natural Wonders - Cerro De Potosi sounds about right.

4. This will depend on a lot of factors.
-settling on gold with mint + religious idols = + 4 gold +1 faith +1 culture
-Tradition's Monarchy - based on city size (1 gold per 2 citizens)
-Republic and maritime infrastructure + hill tile = 5 extra hammers
-Maritime CityState allies provide food to the base city tile
-Hanging Gardens (not sure about this one - it might add food to the city tile I'm not sure)
-Hydro Plant - I'm not sure about this one
-on a desert hill with Petra (+1 food +1 hammers)

@ Redaxe

You're missing two potential faith from Religious Tolerance (with your Pantheon/Religion). That gives 18 total.

Russian owned iron desert terrace farms seem to top out at 16 or 17.

Japanese pearl boats can get 16.

Probably some Natural Wonder as used by Spain with the Natural Wonder pantheon.

That shouldn't count though, Spain is cheating. :/

If we follow your train of thought, all Unique Improvements and Unique abilities should be discounted, because they are also employing bonuses no other civilization can get.

Probably some Natural Wonder as used by Spain with the Natural Wonder pantheon.

Cerro de Potosi with Spain UA & One-with-Nature Pantheon = [10 * 2] Gold + [5 4 * 2] Faith = 20 + 10 8 = 30 28 total yield on tile.

Yeah, that was the tile I was talking about in one of the earlier posts. With that high yield, you don't even need to build that much faith buildings because you get so much faith already only if you use Spain though.

After more thought, Cerro give 38 total yield 20 gold, 16 faith (One w/ nature and religious tolerance), 10 culture(Natural Heritage Sites)
Also, not sure if golden age adds 2 gold to that as well. So potentially 48 points Category 3

So right now, we have
1. Russian owned strategic terrace farms : 17 points
2. Korean academy : 20 points
3. Cerro de Potosi : 48 points
4. ?

Great Barrier Reef + Spain + One With Nature + Religious Tolerance + Fish + Natural Heritage Site = 6f2h2g10c4s16f = 40 points.

Edit : Did not think about the golden age. If that works, 42... fitting, isn't it ?

Great Barrier Reef + Spain + One With Nature + Religious Tolerance + Fish + Natural Heritage Site = 6f2h2g10c4s16f = 40 points.

Edit : Did not think about the golden age. If that works, 42... fitting, isn't it ?

If you're talking 1 tile GBR, wouldn't that only be 8 faith? Which would mean 36 with golden age and 34 if it doesn't work. Also, do lighthouse and seaport give bonuses to un-fishingboated fish?

If you're talking 1 tile GBR, wouldn't that only be 8 faith? Which would mean 36 with golden age and 34 if it doesn't work. Also, do lighthouse and seaport give bonuses to un-fishingboated fish?

1 tile is correct. 16 faith because you got the Religious Tolerance social policy. Due to a bug (?), you can have your pantheon be the second most popular religion in a city, adding 4 more faith per natural wonder, which is doubled by Spain's UA.
Although 1 tile GBR doesn't exceed our category 3 record here.

With that much faith from 1tile, making a religion won't be a problem particularly if you're not relying on a shrine tile.

Top Bottom