Ho ho ho and a bottle of Tokaj! - A Magyar civ

Not really, sorry. I'd have to finish that Báthory that I'd like to provide with this mod (meaning he will be disabled by default) and of course, I'm still waiting for some translations that should be in in any case.

Yeah, I know :blush:
This summer break is much more crowded than I expected - fortunately in the good way :)
Anyway, I didn't forget about these at all, and as I said, a good partion of it is already done.
Will finish the rest as soon as I have a little more time to mod

That's okay, Absinthe. I do not have much time currently either. And even if I have time, I spend it on my JTranslator program. Not to mention that I still need a background for my Báthori.

Győőőőőőőőőzelem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally we have beaten the Swedes!!! Yeaaaaaahhhhhh!!!
:cool::eek::clap::woohoo::hammer2::aargh::ar15:
:run::dance::banana::trophy::cowboy:

OK, I know it's friday 13, but nevertheless I have good news: the new stable and final version is up!!! No betas, no fixes anymore!

It's hard to sum up all the changes as it's that long ago that I released a version of this -ä I simply don't remember what was then :) The most important changes the following:
- Switched to Paprika modcomp which makes modding unique building art a lot simpler and also merging mods that use custom building art. This won't improve much on the mod for plain users, but will make modders life easier. Yet it has a disadvantage: as a lot of dll-based mods, Blue Marble won't work with this mod in multiplayer mode. Yet my Terrain mod will work perfectly.
- Entirely new leaderhead art for Nagy and new art for Kossuth compared to the last stable version. A lot of fixes to most leaderheads. A lot of new leaderheads plus art - these are disabled by default as 6 leaders are by far enough. There is also new text for the new leaderheads, but I guess they could be improved - I'm thankfully taking any help!
- New art for the unique unit and building. A lot of new art for buildings (churches, stable, new MTA...).
- New sound and new background for the main menu.

So, have fun!

Just to make things clear, I'd like to state that I have just released a Magyar Mod for Civ5: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=399. However, this does not mean that I switched over to civ5. I'm still waiting for at least one request - if it will be done, there will be an update to this, if not, I can't see what I could do to improve on this civ4 mod. In any case, I'll keep watching this. Feel free to post on any problems or suggestions.

New version is up, which will change Istváns look to Novators magnificant leaderhead. I just worked a tiny bit on the crowns shader setup: I brightened the jewels colour a little and edited its shader maps to make it look more like diamonds. Also, I edited the red parts shader maps to give it a silk effect. Have fun!

With currently 1001 downloads the mod just made it over the magical number of 1000. At least, that is the official number. The actual download number is likely a bit higher due to direct download from mediafire etc. Also, this is just th counter for the BtS version, while the discontinued warlords and vanilla versions also had some downloads.
So thank you for your support and interest, folks! Also, to those who helped me with this mod in any ways, thank you for your help and good work that made this mod possible! :goodjob:

Checked the latest improvements
The mod looks awesome!
Wonderful job, cool3a2!

One minor nitpick
I checked the new Istvan
Your version of the jewels on the crown seems a little too bright to me, especially the higher row.
Also, with the new shaders/effects Istvan's beard is reddish on it's lower parts. It can even be seen on the screenshot you posted above
I'm not sure how hard is to fix those, but currently I prefer Novator's vanilla version

Yeah, sure, I will take a look at it. Don't know how I missed the beard bug. I'll take a look at this on the weekend. Although my personal opinion is that the gems are fine. Well, I'll think about it.

It looks good on the screenshots, but I find it too bright during animations
It might be a question of personal taste of course
Would be great to hear some other opinions on it

Yeah, I'd also like to hear other opinions. It can easily be that my personal taste doesn't reflect that of the most.

I fixed the beard and will update the mod this evening (that will be afternoon in the US). At the moment, I do not plan to edit the jewels setup as I found them rather to be too dark (especially the higher row) considering that they are diamonds.

New version is up, I'll update the previews tomorrow.

I've updated the mod to fix the button of István I which was previously made from the version with the broken beard.

:goodjob:

I have updated the mod with SaibotLiehs hungarian settlers that wear traditional costumes of the village Boldog. By default, Civilization 4 places settlers that consist of 4 models: a man, a woman and twice the same child. SaibotLieh provided me all these plus a second child. Now, I could have modified the game so that it would display all the for different models, but that would have had lowered the extend of modularity (I would have had to work on the other Civilizations as well which could have collided with other mods). What I did is, that I set up the mod to show all the four models if the settler unit is modified to consist of four different models, while per default the girl will show up twice. However, these are all four of the settler models:

I set them up to be the settler for all eras, even though that's not too accurate, as these are a matter of my personal feelings.

Besides of this, I'd like to announce that from my part this is pretty much it. Like The-Capo said recently, it's hard to say that's it. For example, if he would finish his Árpád LH, I'd be here to include it into my mod. Besides of this, I'll keep to look at Civfanatics from time to time, but more rarely and more "silent". When Civilization 6 will be released one day and if it turns out to be significantly better than Civ 5, then I may return, but I don't plan any project for Civ 4 or 5 anymore. BTW: please don't write emails to me through civfanatics as it looks like web.de is not a supported mail provider for civfanatics, thus I won't receive mails sent through the forum.

I'd like to emphasize that modding Civilization 4 remains a very positive memory (not so much in case of Civ 5, but this was due to the game itself and its developers). Civfanatics as well as the hungarian community presented a warm place to realize this mod. Which in turn was not only my own work, but was done by cooperating with a bunch of modders (see the list whom I'd like to thank to) and of course because of the positive echo of the users. I'd like to emphasize especially that I am proud on having been part of a net of hungarian modders, that welcomed me very friendly and that I was working with in a very productive fashion. It's also been a great experience to collaborate with the modders scene greatest stars like Ekmek, The-Capo, Refar, Bakuel, GeoModder and Nitram, just to name a few. It's been a successful workas I think it is save to say that from all those mods that aim at adding a certain civilizations to the game, this Magyar Mod became the most far developed. To my knowledge there is no other such a mod that comes with its own dll, with its own sounds and diplomacy texts, with own building and unit style and graphics and a bucnh of leaderheads (in sum, AFAIK only for America there are more leaderheads then for Hungary). It's not accidentaly that this mods installer takes already 100MB and that there are already more then 1000 downloads (that's only the downloads for the BtS version). My last words are therefor thank you. Thank you for your help, thank you for your support and interest and thank you for welcoming me!

Just loaded and ran this. Thank you! It's delightful. Having SO much fun. Thanks for all the work you put into for this.

Top Bottom