HOF Cheese Annex (unofficial poll)

Is Quattromasters to too cheesy?

• I like things they way they are.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Exclude Duel Size Maps and only allow ancient starts for QM.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • I have a different idea.

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@jesusin: The current minor is relatively painless compared to the major. The minor took about 3-4 hours of in-game clock time.

What a fast player!:eek:

My Deity Quick cultural games take 10 to 14 hours, even if I don't have to think the strategy too much and I don't have units to move.

:lol: There goes my quechua rush on deity.

The funny thing is, I think most of the deity table is filled with HC. Except maybe the culture victories. It's going to be pretty challenging to get deity level wins without HC. Maybe a new gauntlet to kick off the elite QM?

edit:

@jesusin: The current minor is relatively painless compared to the major. The minor took about 3-4 hours of in-game clock time.

What a fast player!:eek:

My Deity Quick cultural games take 10 to 14 hours, even if I don't have to think the strategy too much and I don't have units to move.

don't believe him!
I played through the minor, and it took me a lot more than 4 hours!
then again, I'm playing through the major and it's been more than 10 hours already, and I'm only halfway done.

The elite QM will not require games to be on the "Official" tables.

The quality aspect is going to come from eliminating certain easy wins. Right now that means: no Inca, no Duel maps, and only Ancient starts.

There are some other twists that address the "I made QM, now what?" factor.

I really don't think #1 deity games can be called cheesy, even if it is with Huayna Capac. Don't know :crazyeye:

don't believe him!
I played through the minor, and it took me a lot more than 4 hours!
then again, I'm playing through the major and it's been more than 10 hours already, and I'm only halfway done.

:lol: I was referring to the in-game clock :mischief: I just checked and it was 3:18:11 for my second attempt. I don't know why, but it always counts WAY less than the RL time I spend in the game. I don't think it counts the time when you're going through city build orders (at the start of a turn) as "game time." Hence, my low number. I spent a lot of time counting tiles in this game so I think the actual time I spent on the game is closer to double the 3 hour number...

edit: My first keshik attempt was closer to 6 hours :lol: Go figure.

Woohoo, only 33 leaders needed.

...Wait a second, do you mean I have to play a Time Victory starting on 4000BC? I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Hey just pick settler, tiny, quick. Rush 1 AI and park units on 2nd. Then hit next turn like no tomorrow :) Not a good score but it was about finishing it.

-D

The jokes on me :lol:

Except for Gauntlets, I haven't yet submitted a game that wasn't going to be on a top ten someplace, mainly because I didn't think of it. Even my cheezy high difficulty duel conquest games made the top ten; One, my immortal, made 1st. Of course these are on lesser played speeds :)

Playing games just to get a QM space filled doesn't seem right to me. But I'm going to change a bit....

I'm tired of playing games setup for maximum speed/score. Tired of playing games with no barbarians. I need to play some totally random games, random map type, random leader and opponents on standard or larger maps, and just see what I can do. If I manage to win the game and it would fill a QM spot then I'll post them even though they won't make a top ten.

I don't think it counts the time when you're going through city build orders (at the start of a turn) as "game time."

Yes, it does, that's where 50% of my time comes from. The other 50% is spent on my excel spreadsheet :rolleyes:

The funny thing is, I think most of the deity table is filled with HC. Except maybe the culture victories. It's going to be pretty challenging to get deity level wins without HC. Maybe a new gauntlet to kick off the elite QM?

Deity diplo and space are pretty easy (relatively). Diplo with OCC and space with an OCC/PA make for very quick games that you will frequently win.

Top Bottom