HOF IV Update Discussion

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 70 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Seraiel for the highest score of the update with a Huge, Marathon, Deity, Domination game for 2295093 points.

neilmeister was the most active player during this update, submitting 15 games.

Only 6 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update:
cabert - 2008 AD, Large, Normal, Deity, Conquest game for 15753 points
neilmeister - 820 AD, Standard, Quick, Deity, Religious game for 58321 points
neilmeister - 75 BC, Standard, Normal, Deity, Religious game for 50156 points
Seraiel - 990 AD, Huge, Marathon, Deity, Domination game for 2295093 points
shulec - 1818 AD, Standard, Normal, Deity, Diplomatic game for 142097 points
shulec - 960 AD, Standard, Quick, Deity, Religious game for 44752 points
Sun Tzu Wu - 2000 BC, Tiny, Marathon, Deity, Religious game for 30117 points
Sun Tzu Wu - 1360 BC, Duel, Quick, Deity, Religious game for 30535 points
Sun Tzu Wu - 1090 AD, Small, Normal, Deity, Domination game for 150440 points
waaltue - 1200 BC, Duel, Epic, Deity, Conquest game for 86951 points

Gauntlet Results:
G-Major 101 - Space Colony, Monarch, Large, Epic on Inland Sea (Barbs on)
1st Pollina 1738 AD
2nd Walter_Wolf 1744 AD
3rd shulec 1776 AD

G-Minor 139 - Space Colony, Prince, Small, Epic (OCC, Raging Barbs, no PA)
1st WastinTime 1826 AD
2nd cas 1844 AD
3rd shulec 1850 AD

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Major 102 - Religious, Immortal, Standard, Quick on Medium and Small (No Vassal, No Hut, Barbs on)
G-Minor 140 - Conquest, Chieftain, Small, Epic on Terra with Greece (no Huts)

A number of players gained number one positions:
cabert with a 2008 AD, Large, Normal, Deity, Conquest game for 15753 points.
Sun Tzu Wu with a 1360 BC, Duel, Quick, Deity, Religious game for 30535 points.
Sun Tzu Wu with a 2000 BC, Tiny, Marathon, Deity, Religious game for 30117 points.

neilmeister with a 980 BC, Huge, Marathon, Immortal, Religious game for 18820 points.
neilmeister with a 440 AD, Huge, Quick, Immortal, Religious game for 21251 points.
neilmeister with a 650 BC, Huge, Epic, Immortal, Religious game for 30883 points.
neilmeister with a 350 AD, Huge, Normal, Immortal, Religious game for 46354 points.
neilmeister with a 290 AD, Large, Quick, Immortal, Religious game for 32796 points.
neilmeister with a 650 BC, Large, Epic, Immortal, Religious game for 29924 points.

playshogi with a Jan 2050 AD, Small, Normal, Emperor, Time game for 31250 points.

Pollina with a 1738 AD, Large, Epic, Monarch, Space Colony game for 153415 points.

Karl_t_great with a 1180 AD, Small, Normal, Warlord, Diplomatic game for 34155 points.

Karl_t_great with a 100 BC, Small, Marathon, Chieftain, Diplomatic game for 49242 points.

Karl_t_great with a 350 AD, Small, Quick, Settler, Diplomatic game for 15916 points.
Karl_t_great with a 175 AD, Small, Normal, Settler, Diplomatic game for 27934 points.
Karl_t_great with a 50 AD, Small, Epic, Settler, Diplomatic game for 21274 points.

A number of players gained a composite table High Score (i.e. Any Condition):
Seraiel with a 990 AD, Huge, Marathon, Deity, game for 2295093 points.

GZ cabert and Sun Tzu Wu for your Deity games :)

And Respect to Neilmeister for his endurance!

I need to learn from cabert and pick the "low hanging fruit", but any #1 Deity win is impressive; congratulations cabert!

Neilmesiter, that's an impressive number (6) of Huge and Large Immortal RL DV wins! Congratulations!

Thanks Seraiel! You are posting some very good games as well! Congratulations! You can also get a higher scoring game using a Small map like WastinTime did a while ago.

Sun Tzu Wu

well, it was a low hanging fruit I already had, but still worth a lot of quattro points

edit: congrats to you STW!!! and a lot of congrats to neilmeister and seraiel for long and hard work

Yes, I was targeting the Huge Immortal's for Quattro points. The dates aren't that good, I included barbs in some of them, as I was still confident of getting the #1.

Well done Sun Tzu Wu, those aren't just Deity #1's, but they would have required you to play almost the perfect games. For the Duel one, Oracling Theology on t26 (2440bc) is amazing!

Thanks cabert and neilmeister for the your explanations and kind words.

Sun Tzu Wu

GZ cabert and Sun Tzu Wu for your Deity games :)

And Respect to Neilmeister for his endurance!

I just read some stuff out of your huge domination victory with inca. I really never thought that this is possible on a huge map. Good work and it s fun to read it :)

I read your replay #1 Domination game. Not all of it thou. But as much to get sure, that it is really possible to get a domination win on a huge map... i managed to do it on small maps but... n1

TY! Domination on Huge is absolutely possible, Kovacsflo achieved it 1k years earlier then me, though, with all the tipps I got from WastinTime and Tachywaxon till now, I might give his game a try at some time ;)

If I just think about that I chose Hannibal and others of his kind as opponents in Replay #1... :lol:

Top Bottom