HOF V3 - "From Here to Eternity"

I am all in with this!

I suggest that Japanese DDs Offensive numbers are not modelled quite correctly. They should have their offensive capability increased to 12 due to the effectiveness of the Long Lance Torpedo and their night time war fighting skill. THe Allies had no answer to either.

THe Allied Subs should also be downgraded to a 4 starting off until they Research a new Tech called MK 14 Torpedo Improved which increases US Subs Offensive to 10. This number reflects the improved detonators and all such subs should be Elite to reflect the superb training and leadership or officers and crews. THis could also be simulated by Advanced Subs tech for the US only. And discard Advanced Subs "seeing" other subs. That ability was never possible during WWII.

Sully

I think we are all waiting to see the new version of HOF...:D

If there is enough players for a new game I can do the mods on the weekend.
I don't have time right now to play a major power but I would Ok with
nature or one of the minors.

I am all in with this!

THe Allied Subs should also be downgraded to a 4 starting off until they Research a new Tech called MK 14 Torpedo Improved which increases US Subs Offensive to 10. This number reflects the improved detonators and all such subs should be Elite to reflect the superb training and leadership or officers and crews. THis could also be simulated by Advanced Subs tech for the US only. And discard Advanced Subs "seeing" other subs. That ability was never possible during WWII.

Sully

In the TOS scenario I had a tech for this, but in HOF in order to keep the
tech tree from getting crowded, I used a different approach. The US starts the
game with only half the subs it should have according to the 1941 OB.

Small note: if the flaks have intercept mission then its the attack value that will kick in, thus the attack must be higher then the defense of at least medium bombers for example....and of course the radar flak will have to have higher attack and so on...

Here are the files. The changes are:

Add intercept to flak
add extra workers for Germany
Add new city - Tunis

There were some other good ideas suggested, like ore shipments
from Norway but that will have to wait for another time.

Does someone want to volunteer as gamemaster and start a new thread?

Attachments

• HOF_3-14_MP.zip
    450.1 KB · Views: 245
I concur! Eric, it seems you probably have just enough time to play Nature.

Sully

And as an aside...I would like to see a future revision which increases the Attack and Defensive values to the IJN CAs & DDs due to the Long Lance Torpedo and night fighting skill of the IJN. The US and Brits never had anything close to parity until 1944 when the sheer number of Fast Carrier Groups overwhelmed the IJN. But from 1941 to then the Allies rarely won a surface engagment. The existing A/D values do not reflect the advantage held by the IJN until 1944.

I concur! Eric, it seems you probably have just enough time to play Nature.

Sully

And as an aside...I would like to see a future revision which increases the Attack and Defensive values to the IJN CAs & DDs due to the Long Lance Torpedo and night fighting skill of the IJN. The US and Brits never had anything close to parity until 1944 when the sheer number of Fast Carrier Groups overwhelmed the IJN. But from 1941 to then the Allies rarely won a surface engagment. The existing A/D values do not reflect the advantage held by the IJN until 1944.

I don't really agree with this. By late 1942 almost every US ship from destroyer size
up was equipped with radar, while almost none of the IJN DDs were. Since almost
all ship to ship combat took place at night this actually gave the advantage to the
US, IF and this is a big IF, the commander knew the abilities of radar and trusted the technology.
Many did not which resulted in disasters like Savo Island. But combat
teaches hard lessons and the USN learned fast, which resulted in victories like
the Battle of Cape Esperance.

I don't really agree with this. By late 1942 almost every US ship from destroyer size
up was equipped with radar, while almost none of the IJN DDs were. Since almost
all ship to ship combat took place at night this actually gave the advantage to the
US, IF and this is a big IF, the commander knew the abilities of radar and trusted the technology.
Many did not which resulted in disasters like Savo Island. But combat
teaches hard lessons and the USN learned fast, which resulted in victories like
the Battle of Cape Esperance.

And I understand your point. But Radar was not available throughout the US fleet until mid 1943. And until then the Long Lance and the night fighting skill was a huge advantage to the IJN that is not reflected anywhere in HOF as it is now from 1941-until mid 43. The starting IJN DDs & CAs as of 1941 should be superior to the starting Allied DDs & CAs. As it is...they start the game equal..which they weren't. I suggest another Tech Tree addition which is Seaborne Radar. Once that is researched by the US...their DDs & CAs should NOT be equal to their IJN counterparts. As the Battle of Tassafaronga illustrates. Just a suggestion for you to consider. Kind regards

Top Bottom