HOF V3 - "From Here to Eternity"

A human-controlled neutrals might work, although they'd be able to single-handedly wipe out one side. You would have to trust the player to have them play each nation individually, and not having all of Latin America unite to destroy the US.

And frankly..other than Eric..I have NO IDEA why anyone would want to play Nature in this game. BUT..it does allow a disinterested third party to start a MP game and protect the Master Password from any of the combatants. That is THE reason to have someone play Nature IMO.

Sully

Have any of you played the single player game with nature units right up to 1945?

I can think of at some good reasons why you would want a human
to play nature:

1 you don't get icebergs floating around the South Pacific.

2 You don't have 6 Typhoons in the Malaaca Straits at the same time.

@Note: I believe the city of Tunes in Tunisia could be added, maybe give it to the germans, for more realism....

Also, the flak units are almost useless as they are now, give them air superiority mission with operational range of 2 or 4 and they will effectively attack aircraft that way, otherwise its useless to build them....

Also, the flak units are almost useless as they are now, give them air superiority mission with operational range of 2 or 4 and they will effectively attack aircraft that way, otherwise its useless to build them....

Flak is a land unit, air superiority is an air mission. Changing flak to an air unit
might have some strange effects, such as allowing them to move on water.

I had an Idea of giving the Germans a "Flak Tower" city improvement and
more construction brigades to repair damage.

Flak is a land unit, air superiority is an air mission. Changing flak to an air unit
might have some strange effects, such as allowing them to move on water.

I had an Idea of giving the Germans a "Flak Tower" city improvement and
more construction brigades to repair damage.

I´v tested the flak with the air intercept mission and it works like a charm:
- also give the flak unit wheeled/foot ability and the coast, sea and ocean tiles to be impassable by wheeled/foot units and the bug you refer to will never hapen ;)
- don´t change the unit to an air unit, it remains a land unit, but with the aditional air intercept mission, of course, if the intercept mission is trigered, the attack points of the flak will kick in, not he air defense power, so give it an attack strenght of 3 for example and 4 for radar artillery. Make a house rule that flaks can´t attack land units and problem solved.
- also give the flak an operational range of 2 tiles, and the flak will intercept as a fighter does in its occuping tile plus 1 tile radious (half of his operat. range or 1 in case of 2 and 2 in case of 4), in sum a 9 tile square protection, this will give the flak units much more importance than they current have, which is almost zero....

Spoiler :

A flak tower could work for cities alone, since the fearsome Flak 88 was fixed in german cities, but if you change the flak units as i sugest above it should be enough...it will also give the allies more need to think their air strategy...

More construction brigades...what is lacking is a good ammount of workers, maybe slave workers for germany, since they used forced labour, some 10 units of slaves to start with, this will not count for expenses since they don´t have upkeep.

Unrestricting the movement of construction brigades could also be important, lets say..they can go as far as Minsk, but not into newly conquered territory...

Also, the germans could have a iron ore small wonder in Narvik that auto produces iron ore shipments, that need to be transported to Berlin to provide extra shields/money to the german player, this will give more deep to the game, since Norway will now be a tempting target to the US or CW players, like in reality happened...

Ground units shouldn't have air missions...

Depends, like i stated, its to improve the flak and make it realistic and effective.

Another point is the air mission of "recon", this mission can also be used by a ground scout unit, without having to move phisically into a location, but still consuming its movement points on the mission itself...

German Panzer divisions relied heavily on forward motorized scouting brigades of sidecars, PzI and Armored Cars such as the SDkFz´s, these provided a real-time and on the spot source of intel to the spearhead panzer commanders via radio, to search for the best point of penetration in enemy lines, supply convoys and enemy movements, while at the same time, keeping the enemy constantly in check, thus maitaining initiative...

I hope so Has/Rick as we have agreed to fight as the Axis in an upcoming game. Was hoping Eric would comment as to any changes to the game based upon comments from all who just finished playing it???

And just a note to say I have completed our relocation from Alabama to San Antonio Texas. Went from hot to hotter!!!

Sully

If you can find enough players for a new game, I can do the mods Rick has
suggested.

1. FlaK. Do you want to give the intercept capability to the basic flak
unit or only to the radar flak?

2. Add a dozen "foreign workers" for Germany

Anything else?

I hope so Has/Rick as we have agreed to fight as the Axis in an upcoming game. Was hoping Eric would comment as to any changes to the game based upon comments from all who just finished playing it???

And just a note to say I have completed our relocation from Alabama to San Antonio Texas. Went from hot to hotter!!!

Sully

If you can find enough players for a new game, I can do the mods Rick has
suggested.

1. FlaK. Do you want to give the intercept capability to the basic flak
unit or only to the radar flak?

2. Add a dozen "foreign workers" for Germany

Anything else?

1. The intercept ability should be given to all flak units, allie and axis sides alike, and don´t forget the mobile flaks also... If the intercept is added, the units attack value is what is going to be triggered, so an attack good enough to kill an enmy bomber/fighter must be set, not just the AA defense value. A fair operational range is also essential, lets say 2 (x50%=1) for flaks and mobile flaks and 4 (x50%=2) for radar artillery...

From reading the forums, it seems that because of beeing a land unit, the intercept air mission will not work over water (coast/sea/ocean tiles), also the unit should be flagged as foot or wheeled unit (as you prefer) and respective three tile - coast, sea and ocean - should be impassable by foot/whelled units in order to avoid bugs.

Finally, if we have an AI player for some reason, the AI will not use the intercept mission with a land flak, because it is not coded to do so.

2. 12 foreign workers for Germany seem fair...distributing them

3. A final request would be to add the city of Tunes in Tunisia to Germany and a iron ore small wonder in Narvik, Norway, to autoproduce iron orr shipments...but maybe i´m asking too much here :D

These are what i think Germany really need to compete as things are at the moment...of course the Soviets can argue that they lack anti-tank weapons :mischief: but it´s your scenario, i´m happy you considered my sugestions...thanks.

All i can say is that this scenario got me hooked...:goodjob:

Maybe Muzbang like sanother go as an allie power? maybe also Lanzelot and Bowsling? i don´t know if M60 will keep is bye from a new game...

I would like to take part in the game if you want to take a new player in this.

It would probably best if I take one the smallest empires since I am new to this scenario and not too familiar with wars in modern age, especially with airwarfare (since my single player games typically are fairly quick slaughterfests or peacefull long term spaceship/culture victories).

So if you want to have one new player mixing the soup with wierd tactics and stupid mistakes I am in. :D

I would recommend trying out one of the Minor Nations then.

And I would be up for another round if it's happening, as an Allied country.

Edit: Hey, that's my 2,300 post! Tha ms for pointing that out, Elephantium. :banana:

Happy 2300 posts, Bowsling :)

I'd be happy to play another one, ideally as the Minor Allies or Japan. I have some ideas about how a more aggressive push in China could have crushed the Minor Allied resistance ;)

Happy 2300 posts, Bowsling :)

I'd be happy to play another one, ideally as the Minor Allies or Japan. I have some ideas about how a more aggressive push in China could have crushed the Minor Allied resistance ;)

Have you no honor... :old:, you heroicly defended the Minor Allies aganist the evil japanese and now you betray them by jumping to the other side because you know all their weaknesses? Oh wait, i´m doind exactly the same thing hehe....:backstab:

Back on topic, i count 6 players already: Eric_A, Sully, RickFGS, Bowsling, Elephantium and Glasnot.

Hey, the Axis powers need all the advantages they can get in WW2 games. They just didn't have the industrial oomph to hold up against the Allies (especially once the U.S. entered the war) once it turned into the driven, grind-the-enemy-down type of war.

Arguably, Germany could have won a very respectable victory if it had done less bombing of Britain and more diplomacy. A ceasefire in 1941 could have left them with some nice gains, but that would have been tricky, especially considering the personalities involved.

Of course, the prerequisites for that would be for Churchill to "commit suicide".

But come to think of it, I think the best change would be to ouch the start date back to right before Operation Barbarossa, and make Russia a third side trying to attain their own victory, whatever way they want. The US, then, is neutral until provoked by the Axis. That, however, would require a considerable Axis desire to DoW the States.

But come to think of it, I think the best change would be to ouch the start date back to right before Operation Barbarossa, and make Russia a third side trying to attain their own victory, whatever way they want. The US, then, is neutral until provoked by the Axis. That, however, would require a considerable Axis desire to DoW the States.

The Russians are in a separate alliance with their own VP level. In
the previous game the the Russians could have made peace with Japan
and turned against US/Britian to take all of Europe and win the game.

Top Bottom