Holy crap!

ilik

Chieftain
I'm playing a game as Spain, and I found Cerro De Potosi AND El Dorado by turn 48, planted cities near them, got Elizabeth to denounce me, I got a littlelittle tense, but it looks like I'll like I'll be having one awesome economy. "One with Nature" pantheon founded, THANK GOD no one stole it. Oh yeah, and bought a settler, a worker, and three warriors, I was making 22 gold a turn, it's turn 122 by now, and I built 3 more composite bowmen, a couple of catapults, and 2 spearmen, invaded Elizabeth with my CS ally I did a quest for and bribed, managed to take London and annex it, bought a courthouse, and I razed York. My economy went a little down, but not too bad, and I'm on a real roll. Went down Liberty tree, finished it, thanks to awesome El Dorado.

Did anyone else go on a roll like this when they played Spain?

Spain is a very hit or miss civilization. It seems like you got a good roll.

How about the game I'm playing right now: found Uluru on turn 8 (500g). Mt. Kilimanjaro on turn 11(500g), and then Lake Victoria on turn 18. (Only 100g for this one though.) I've got them all settled now, and it's now just a matter of maintaing my happiness so they can all grow at a brisk pace.

I like to play a fun style with Spain:

Colonize(settle next to) EVERY natural wonder in the game, if another civ or cs has already a city near it:
too bad, it will be Spanish territory soon. Tercios, attack! :c5war:

Another good strategy with spain is to play on terra. Even if you don't get any nearby wonders in the old world, you can still beeline astronomy and chivalry and get caravels+conquistadors and just settle once you find a NW. Very fun game.

Another good strategy with spain is to play on terra. Even if you don't get any nearby wonders in the old world, you can still beeline astronomy and chivalry and get caravels+conquistadors and just settle once you find a NW. Very fun game.

Gee...that sounds familiar for some reason.

How about the game I'm playing right now: found Uluru on turn 8 (500g). Mt. Kilimanjaro on turn 11(500g), and then Lake Victoria on turn 18. (Only 100g for this one though.) I've got them all settled now, and it's now just a matter of maintaing my happiness so they can all grow at a brisk pace.

Oh my. Try to get Natural Heritage Sites to pass, 30 culture!

THREE natural wonders by turn 18? Wow.

Top Bottom