Horrible Crashing/Freezing- Any Advice?

CivSimmer

Chieftain
I recently got a new alienware PC with Windows 10 and have been really struggling to get Civ 6 to work well. Over the weekend alone I've experienced about 25ish crashes. I verified the game through Steam today and updated my graphics drivers and that did not help. Usually one of the following happens:

-Game gets hung up during the AI turns. Music still plays and the tool tip still pops up, have to restart PC to get out of this

-Game freezes during next turn. Music works but all animations and the tool tip are also frozen. Have to turn off power button to get out this one

-I've had a couple late game crashes to desktop that say my driver is out of date (have updated and this hasn't come back)

This is happening in both DirectX11 and DirectX12. When it does work the turn times become really long after about turn 200. I logged about 850 hours on an old Dell with Windows 7 and never had turn times this bad or crashing so I really feel this is not normal.

I am having the same general issue, on and off, with a new alienware PC with Windows 10. Before it would freeze the graphics display as mentioned, and you'd have to do a hard reboot. Now it is silently CTD in a Kublai/China game about every 3 turn at < 100 turns.

Have all the official content enabled, plus the following Community content: City Lights, Extended Eras, and Steel & Thunder. Modes: Heroes, Corps, Secret Societies & Shuffle. That's it, and I have played 500 turns into a Vietnam game with the same mods & modes without any problem.

Both game scales are epic & large, continents & islands

I've been having a similar issue since the latest update - nothing changed on my end, and a multitude of attempted fixes have done nothing.
- Complete game reinstall
- Graphics driver update/reinstall
- C++ reinstall
- DirectX reinstall
- Verify game files through Steam
I've never had a crash prior to the latest game update; running Dx12 it gives me an "Exception raised: Access violation" type error, while on Dx11 is says my display driver has stopped working - even after updating. It seems to happen sporadically, anywhere from 1-2 turns to 50+.

Same happens to me.
- Infinite wait for the next turn. I can click on everything, but it just doesn't go to next turn. Have to kill the process in task manager.
- A lot of crashes. Like A LOT. What's interesting is that those crashes occur only in early or mid game stages. After some time, it's all ok. Some issue with undiscovered map parts?
I thought it's because of my integrated GPU, but since I'm not the only one having this...

Has anyone had any resolution to the above issues?
After the last auto-update, the game will simply close on me randomly after my turn ends.
No issues previous to that. I don't use any mods. Happens in both DX11 and 12. I tried disabling the high quality shading, didn't help.

Top Bottom