HOT2 - Spanish Conquistadors (Emperor !)

Borealis
Hotrod
Meldor
Heimdall <----- playing now ::: Please post got it within 24 hours and notify of your status. we are close to the end now :).
Swiftsure (on deck)

The Word of the Lord is spreading.

(1) Pharsalos captured
(2) Bombarding Greek cities, killing Greek + Aztec units
(3) Sparta (Copernicus) captured
(4) Shuffling troops around
(5) Killing off an Aztec Marine "Attack"
(6) Athens (Suffrage) captured
(7) Killing some counter-attacks (Aztecs have tanks)
(8) More shuffling
(9) Knossos captured
(10) Even mor shuffling

A barracks has been rushed at Thermopylae for faster healing of units.
Back at home, some more airports have been built to fasten up the transfer to (former) Greece.

Sorry for the short report, but RL is being a ***** lately :(

Here's the Savegame

Got it but wont be able to play until tomorrow night.

Sorry guys but i'm going to have to drop all my SGs for a couple of weeks due to a RL crisis.

Great... I'm up in several SGs, and sick from the flu- Hotrod, if you want to pick it up in the next 24 and swap, that's fine, if you don't, then I'll grab it and play within the next 48, more towards the end of the next 48. If this flu is what my friends have, I should be healthy enough to play by then.

Borealis: I will grab the game tonight. I will be up shortly in LK42 and patching back to 1.14 after a few long nights on Epic 25 :p.

Borealis (swapped)
Hotrod <==== playing now
Meldor
Heimdall
Swiftsure (out until further notice)

Hot2:

1810 AD (0): Take a quick look around and see a sea of blue. Try to plant a spy in Greece and fail. Success at Aztecs. They have 32 infantry and only a few tanks and artillery. Change a few cities to build bombers to send over to take a look at our next targets.

1812 AD (1): The people of Argos have been compelled to join the rank and file. Move on to the next city. Artillery will have to follow. Move on toward Cornith bombing will begin next turn.

1814 AD (2): Bombing and not much else. Moving more artillery east on a lone transport. Hope to make it without company. Get greedy and try to improve our deals. NO improvement. :(. Computers in 4 with +0 gold.

1816 AD (3): Take Cornith and Delphi and the greeks are no more :). Begin assembling 2 mini SOD of artillery and tanks to move on a couple aztec cities. Decide to get the most out of fission that I can and sell fission to vikes and celts for top dollar.

1818 AD (4): Shuffle some units to start bombing the aztec cities from the air and the land.

1820 AD (5): Move on Tula and capture it after losing 4 tanks but we get a leader will hold on until the next turn and rush the internet for some free cultural a buildings or maybe a tank army. Bombing goes okay at Tlaxco.

To be continued ....

With Swiftsure and Borealis out I got the game earilier than expected. I will try to finish tomorrow but may not have it back until Friday.

Edit: I'll be around this afternoon (change of plans), and if I get the game before 8 am US eastern time, I should be able to play.

1820 (5): It continues, Attack Txacla kill 3 wounded infantry only a conscript remains will raze it next turn. Rush a few temples.

1822 (6): Bomb and Capture Tlaxcala, without a settler nearby decide to hold it for now. 10 resistors though :(. MOve on to Teayo and kill 2 infantry taking the size 6 city losing 1 tank.

1824 (7): Tula flipped back to the aztecs taking 2 wounded tanks :(. I will raze it now :hammer: Raze the city Temuin. Begin the attacks on Texicala. Change all cities on main island to Mech infantry to send over to protect our newest cities.

1826 (8): Bomb and capture Teotihuacan. Will station many troops as it will serve as a bomber loaction from the capital city. Raze the coastal city of Aztlepolco (sp). Build a few airfields to aid in getting units from Ancient china to the front lines. Aztecs are down to 17 infantry and four tanks. There oil wil be diconnected next turn.

1828 (9): Begin brining Mech infantry to the front. Rebase the bombers and being moving the artillery toward the Aztec capital.

1830 (10): Last turn is uneventful, bombing the capital was rather poor this round knocked off a few citizens. Moved artillery into range and pulled tanks up toward forward positions near Tenochtitlan and Tlatelolco. Each city is large and probably well protected. Pillaged oil and next turn the rubber will go. Our artillery stack is on it. Spy reveals that there are 16 infantry and only 6 tanks left in his army. They are spread over 4 cities and only 3 are of any real consequence.

Neither the Celt or the vikes have computer but I think they will get it soon. We are still on Ecology for 13 turns at 60% but we are still a Monarchy. IF we manage to kill the Aztecs soon, which I think we will. We should fortify all our cities with 2+ Mech Infantry, revolt back to Democracy and research out to Synthic fibers and upgrade to Moder Armor. I don't think the Tanks will be as effective against Mech Infantry once the Vikes and Celts get Computers.

Actually, I am not sure if we will have to attack either of them for a Domination win. There are 2 settlers out and in position for new cities and a few more cities producing more.

Good luck Borealis here is the save:

http://civfanatics.net/uploads4/Hot2_1830AD.zip

1830 AD (0): Cities look good; quick skim of situation reveals troops ready to march on Monty.

(IT): After an Aztec tank knocks our Mech. Inf down to 2 hp, two tanks die to tank attacks when the AI has them defend. I want the 'designate defender' option back from Alpha Centauri.

1832 AD (1): Arty shell Aztec cities, damaging infrastructure and population in Tenochtitlan. Bombers manage to knock off 1 hp off a lot of infantry, but still don't do enough damage for us to take Tenochtitlan this turn. I notice that there are cities without defenders (!) and swap/rush production as necessary to get them one. We NEED to keep at least one defender, no matter how remote or deep in our territory, in each city, as unguarded cities, even if they could be reinforced in less than a turn with RRs, provoke stupid AI war declarations. If we're going to war against the Celts or the Vikings, we need to make that decision on our own terms, not on theirs. I know we're trying to get Mech. Infantry in our home cities, but we shouldn't do that by leaving them exposed. This is a commonly known 'AI Idiocy' flaw.

(IT): Celts build Manhattan Project in Alesia- just an FYI that if the game drags on that long, they will have nukes. They have 3 sources of Uranium in their core.

1834 AD (2): Arty & Bombers soften up Tenochtitlan, and an attack commences, with the first elite unit producing the following:

Unfortunately, our tanks have bad luck with the RNG, and Tenochtitlan maintains its single redlined infantry. :mad: We will take it on the next turn.

(IT): Aztec tank kills one of ours, and our Furs deal with Brennus cannot be renewed for anything.

1836 AD (3): After more bombing and artillery shelling, Tenochtitlan falls, and the Pyramids are ours. Cordoba, the leader, builds an Army that is filled with elite tanks, and many veteran tanks promote to elite in the taking of Tenochtitlan.

(IT): Aztecs land a single tank in Old Egypt-China, and try to bombard the furs near Tenochtitlan away. The Pentagon becomes available.

1838 AD (4): A tank runs to Memphis, and deals with the Aztec tank. The resistance in Tenochtitlan ends.

The assault on Tlatleloco produces another leader, Bartolomeo, who I mislay the screenshot for by mistake. Sorry. :p

(IT): Celts are founding cities along their new border with us- keep watch on the cultural boundaries in the future.

1840 AD (5): Bartolomeo rushbuilds the Pentagon in Delphi. Tlateleloco resists being taken- the rifles are having an unholy run of RNG luck against the tanks. Tanks advance on Xochicalco as we succeed in bombing the barracks there.

1842 AD (6): We take Tlatleloco at last, and bomb Xochicalco down.

(IT): More Aztec bombing attempts.

1844 AD (7): Tank army takes Stavanger, the size 1 city. We buy a temple there immediately, as there are no resistors.

Arty bomb Xochicalco to below size 12 and the result...

1846 AD (8): Taking Hotrod's advice, I start the revolt back to Democracy.

1848 AD (9): We are a Democracy, and our research speed has jumped up in response- Ecology is due in 3 turns now. The Celts have Rocketry, but not Computers yet, and the Vikings don't even have Rocketry.

1850 AD (10): More cultural buildings rushed in newly conquered Azteca. I forget where we have the Military Academy, but we can build one more army if necessary as we have the Pentagon now. All our tanks/arty/bombs are in Tenochtitlan or Xochicalco if you feel that attacking Celts or Vikings is best now rather than later. Neither of them have Computers, and the Celts went for Rocketry- the AI could be trying to beat us by Space Race, as a military attack would be futile. I don't know how long we have until domination, but it can't be that far off.

The save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/Hot2_1850ad.zip

Well done Borealis!! :goodjob:

Borealis
Hotrod
Meldor <----- playing now
Heimdall (on deck)
Swiftsure (out until further notice)

1850 AD (Pre-turn)
I try to plant a spy with the vikings and fail, they declare war on us. I am successful in planting a spy with the Celts. I then get the Celts to ally vs the Vikes. Wake up tanks and begin the march. I wake up a Conquistador which goes and captures a Viking worker in the moutains. Just for good measure I steal Rocketry from the Celts.
(I) The Vikes take out one of our tanks and generate a leader. WLT(Meldor)D breaks out across the land.

1852 AD (1)
I bomb a bunch of vike units, including the stack under which I last saw the leader. An army attacks the stack twice, killing tow tanks and their leader. An elite attacks twice on the city of Alesund. We capture it. I change a bunch of MI over to tanks.
(I) Lose a couple of tanks to counters. We get ecology and go for Recycling.

1854 AD (2)
Bomb every Vike units within reach. Lots of movement and cleaning up stray Vike units.
(I) Vike units run away.

1856 AD (3)
Still bombing the Vikes and killing units.
(I) Watch the Celts and Vikes fight.

1858 AD (4)
More bombing and resting, Tanks are now starting to dribble in.
(I) More of the same.

1860 AD (5)
Capture Odense.
(I) We win!

The Last Turn

[Edit] Fixed the last date....

Top Bottom