How am I doing???

SirJava

Chieftain
I have been playing for a while and have been on regent.
(raging barbarians). I got a military victory in about 1980. I scored 3600 and had to come from behind. In the 1600's I was sixth out of twelve civis and behind bigtime.

My questions are:

1) Is this normal to come from behind or dose everyone else lead all the way?

2) Is that score terrible?

3)what victory type gives the most score??

I don't know about the scores, but coming that far from behind (6th out of 12) is certainly good.

It seems the only way to come from really behind is war. I'd love to see someone do that using that "Culture" stuff!

1) Coming back is really good. It can be happen if you are newer to the level. If you have been playing that level for a while then you'll get the lead earlier. Often when you move up to a higher level you take the lead during the Industrial Age because the AIs screw themselves over by switching to communism, drafting their citizens to death, and getting screwed up by MPPs.

2)That is a really good score. You can look at the HOF regent games and you aren't that far back. Those games were mostly milked to get higher scores.

3) No victory type gives you more score after about 1950 AD. If you win before you get a few extra points. You get alot of points the earlier you win, but then those are usually conquest victories. Or if you wait to 2050 you can get a higher score.

Yes it took me a while to start playing games where I was a powerful civ early on. Conquest is an assured method for getting ahead. As far as culture goes, just remember that improvements and wonders only generate half of the culture during wartime. That means that in peacetime, you get culture twice as fast than as war. Fairly significant.

Top Bottom