How can I access FlagDECAL_Crown.dds?

KommissarReb

Chieftain
I'm trying to find FlagDECAL_Crown.dds from Civ4Col's Assets/Art/Interface/TeamColor, but even when I turn on "show hidden files, folders, and drivers" there appears to be nothing there. I want the decal for a Civ 4 mod (not one I'm releasing but just for myself to muck around with). Is it in a different location, or do I need to do something special so I can access it? I am the owner and sole admin of my laptop and I'm using the Steam version of Civ 4 Colonization.

Using the simple Windows search function to search for that filename I found it on my PC here:

E:\Username\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\MODS\Dawn of a New Era v6.00\Assets\Art\Interface\TeamColor

and here

J:\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Assets\Art\Interface\TeamColor

Last edited:
@KommisarReb:

The Vanilla version (non-mod-specific) is in fact exactly where you have been searching:
<Your_Colonization_Game_Install_Directory>\Assets\Art\Interface\TeamColor

I can see it perfectly.
I have no idea why you can not see it though. :dunno:

I use Windows 10 as well.
I do not use the Steam version though and can not tell you anyhting about it.

@KommisarReb:

The Vanilla version (non-mod-specific) is in fact exactly where you have been searching:
<Your_Colonization_Game_Install_Directory>\Assets\Art\Interface\TeamColor

I can see it perfectly.
I have no idea why you can not see it though. :dunno:

I use Windows 10 as well.
I do not use the Steam version though and can not tell you anything about it.

I guess it's possible that the Steam version made it hidden. I should probably install the disc version on another computer.

Using the simple Windows search function to search for that filename I found it on my PC here:

E:\Username\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\MODS\Dawn of a New Era v6.00\Assets\Art\Interface\TeamColor

and here

J:\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Colonization\Assets\Art\Interface\TeamColor

This has what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom