How can I have the vanilla main menu with warlords?

douglas_21

Chieftain
I'd like to have the vanilla main menu and background music when starting up civ 4, but I have warlords installed. Without uninstalling Warlords, how can I do this? Sorry if I am off-topic, but this seems sort of general to me. I heard it had something to do with finding the "intro.bik" file but I have used Google Desktop to search for it and I have not found it anywhere. Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but the intro.bik is still not there. What do I do? :(

I think you would have to swap files of the title screen between vanilla and warlords. Or something along those lines...

Ok can someone explain how to becuase the warlords one is sooo slow!
It laggs up the game and i hate that ugly guy I want my Earth Back

Well I am playing Warlords with the original vanilla intro movie. But I don't think it is possible to replace the menu. It would seem the animated menu is part of the executable. I would love to have the earth menu back in Warlords, however... :( It so much more 'civilised'.

I agree. Would it really have been hard to add an option to the menu to choose the one you like?

I hope that is in a patch. When I look in main game's folder I can't find the intro movie/music

It is possible I haver done it my self. It is vary complicated to do, so I will upload it. I did not want to because I know that another guy is doing the same thing, but I'll do it seeing as how he seems to be having some difficulty getting it uploaded. I'll post the link.

I have downloaded that and followed the instructions (extract to mods folder) and when I start up the game the mod is not there. What is going on??

I agree the ugly guy in the backround seriously disgusts me, now that I think of it I want the old bg too, the new one got old.

Top Bottom