How can I make the following hack?

Tenochtitlan

Supreme Commander
I want the end-of-reign retirement year to be the 3000 instead of 2000. This way I can continue playing without the power graph and score stopping at the year 2000. I also want to play with spaceships disabled. I love playing emperor games where you battle advanced civilizations but I hate when they suddenly start mass producing space ship parts and ending them game prematurely.

I don't know how to change retirement year but you can add more turns in game by editing number of years passed between turns.
This program http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2803 allows changing them.
Well, at least I hope so. I don't know whether retirement year is calculated by game turn or year.

Spaceship can be disabled by hexediting tech tree and/or buildings/wonders. For example you can edit SS parts to be available with tech that cannot be reached in tech tree. But I haven't tested this.

Useful thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=331078

Hmmm, interesting. I'll give it a shot and I'll let you know if I succeed :goodjob:

Wow, do you mean you want to play for an additional 1000 turns? Since it's one year per turn? Wouldn't you pawn those AI civs by then, I mean the AI is weak and usually can't really fight back after the snowball of conquering starts rolling down hill. Maybe I should start working on my project again, I'm such a slacker. Nah, youtube. I think I've seen all Civ 1 LPs on youtube and I've played the game so much that it's stopped being very different, so I guess implementing the game from scratch, oh and posting on civfanatics of course, are the only things I've got left to do.

I'm only guessing here, but I think Tenochtitlan 's aim here is not that of kicking everybody's ass. He would probably do that in the BCs and leave a city (or three) standing. And then go for maximum theoretical score, number of future tech. and so on. Am I right? Or brilliantly wrong?

I'm only guessing here, but I think Tenochtitlan 's aim here is not that of kicking everybody's ass. He would probably do that in the BCs and leave a city (or three) standing. And then go for maximum theoretical score, number of future tech. and so on. Am I right? Or brilliantly wrong?

Not exactly.

I like to play games where I only start massive world wars after we develop the modern techs. The strategies vary when you have advanced naval and air units. I also like the wars to be long and difficult, and the opponents to be of equal strength. I get bored of just rolling my tanks on the bodies of phalanxes, wtfpwning the undeveloped civs.

The problem is, these wars take time, and the space race cuts it in the middle of it. Granted, you can target the capital of a civ that has a spaceship, because if you invade it, the space program gets canceled. But often times there is more than one civ with a spaceship, and it's not viable to fight on multiple fronts.

There is also that sensitive period between Manhattan Project and Superconductor (to build SDI). I like to have a war after that period, since I don't want to use nukes (too polluting). And without nukes, the attrition wars give enough time for the enemy to reach Alpha Centauri.

You might take a look at this sillborn thread of mine from a while ago:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=448107

Or, if you prefer the short version: if your spaceship (or the AI's for that matter) lands between turns (time it right before turns become 1 year), nobody else bothers building spaceships anymore, because technically you won. Exept you didn't because the game bypassed the year you were supposed to win on. I did get to finish the game from the thread and everything turned out just like I thought it would. Even if the SS gets lost, it can still be recalled to Earth if you take/lose the capital, and even after it's landed. :scan: So then you can win by space race all over again, or you can conquer everybody in a high tech war massacre. In that game, before I began large scale hostilites, the only things holding the peace were my UN, and the fact that the planet was dominated by four major nuclear powers, all with powerful armies and navy, me leading the pack, naturally.

Top Bottom