How do I unlock master craft building?

Edgewaters

Chieftain
I've looked high and low for documentation, but I'm unable to find any.

How exactly are buildings like Master Fletcher, Master Outfitter etc unlocked? From what I can tell, the prerequisite to build any one of these things is itself.

You need to research a certain tech then you can build them with a great engineer. Im not too sure about other GPs but I know the great engineer can build several.

i think that the master crafter only builds the building in one turn but you still need a master crafter (great person?) for that building as a requirement.

You need the training building (hunter's hall for recon/master outfitter, training yard for master smith/melee,etc) in the city and then you have to build them with a Great Engineer.

You need the training building (hunter's hall for recon/master outfitter, training yard for master smith/melee,etc) in the city and then you have to build them with a Great Engineer.

You have to build the FIRST one of each type with a Great Person. After the first one of each type is built then every city can build one with hammers like any other building.

Why can't we have Blessed weapons/armors and Bronze/Iron/Mithril weapons? Is it because of technical limitations, or for the sake of balance?

I mean, armors shouldn't interfere with bronze weapons anyway. And I always thought that the weapon the unit currently has gets blessed, so they're better. No reason why bronze weapons can't be blessed.

Edit: This is directed at the master smith, haven't tried the others yet.

What do you mean? If you mean the way some Master Smith promos are removed by Bronze, Iron, or Mithril weapons, there's a good reason. The promos are removed, not excluded, meaning you can buy them again... Having a Superior Copper sword does not mean your new iron one will be anything out of the ordinary. ;)

What do you mean? If you mean the way some Master Smith promos are removed by Bronze, Iron, or Mithril weapons, there's a good reason. The promos are removed, not excluded, meaning you can buy them again... Having a Superior Copper sword does not mean your new iron one will be anything out of the ordinary. ;)

I can just buy them again? Well then everything's fine :)
Somehow thought they'd cancel each other out..

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I first started messing with the Master Smith; I think I may have actually reported it as a bug at the time. XD It was only recently that I realized its intended to make you rebuy the promotions when you upgrade weapons, which makes a lot of sense.

I think the Master buildings do need to be documented better.

Definitively.

Any chance similar buildings get added to the other great persons? The sage has the academy and the prophet has the altar, alright.

There could be an art gallery building for the bard, which lets you buy art pieces, which you can trade in for a culture bonus (just like the follower of [Religion]).

Definitively.

Any chance similar buildings get added to the other great persons? The sage has the academy and the prophet has the altar, alright.

There could be an art gallery building for the bard, which lets you buy art pieces, which you can trade in for a culture bonus (just like the follower of [Religion]).
Interesting you should mention this. I just finished a module to do exactly that for Great Sages, and I'd be interested in ideas for the other Great Persons.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=333863

I think this is an example of where Fall Further could really benefit with the addition of a "Fall Further Concepts" section. Either over the FFH 2 Concepts or over the BTS Concepts.

Or at least some method to distinguish a page was added in Fall Further... possibly a highlighted title.

If anyone's volunteering to write one for us, I can put a Master Craftsmen concept section in the pedia for the next patch :)

How: By opening a text editor and typing stuff
Style: Informative, clear, concise.

Just explain what the master buildings are, what they do, how they're made, what the general focus of each one is.

Optionally, a list of the master equipment promotions might be nice too

well, im not sure if the equipment list in the pedia is complete. Also my promotions seem a bit screwed up since i added FFplus. Where do i send my proposal?

Top Bottom