How do you buy cities?

Gen_Kasebrot

Chieftain
Thtas what I'm wondering, I cant find it no matter how hard i look for that option.....

The " Option " you seek will reveal itself as one choice of several in a dialogue box that will appear on your screen after your Diplomat approaches another civ's city & tries to " enter " it.

The choice you need is called "inste a revolt", it is usually the last choice in a list that includes
" Investigate City " , "Steal technology" & " Industrial Sabotage".

"Buy a City" is just one of a few different ways the "option " is referred to among Civ Players.

There are a few other details such as paying twice the price to avoid an " incident " & the fact that some cities can not be Brought/Revolted, Capitol cities for instance, & the skill of the diplomat & condition of the city also factor into the price you pay. Spys get a lower price than Diplomats & Veterans do better than non - vets.

You can also "buy" or bribe units by entering the square they occupy. Note that it's only possible when they are alone and not when the AI has stacked units. With a spy you are also given an option to damage a unit.

ok got ya, i actually thought i was missin somethin when i see peeps writin bout buyin a city.

Top Bottom