How do you found religions in v26?

Zerli

Chieftain
I am playing C2C v26 with Patch 1.

Map settings are: C2C_PerfectMongoose_v310 map, huge, toroidal wrap, plenty rivers, eternity speed.

Difficulty is Monarch, and I am playing Julius Caesar of the Romans, with 19 opponents (20 civs total).

I have been a tech leader through the game to the current turn, 4290 BC (Classical Era is shown next to game turn and year). I've been the first the discover most religious techs to date and I have 3 Great Prophets standing by. How do I found a religion? There is no option for Great Prophets to do that. Simply researching religious techs does not accomplish anything. No other civilization has founded any religions either, anywhere in the world (from Religious adviser report). Most of the local rivals have caught up to me in general tech level and are also in Classical Era.

The relevant game options I am using are Limited Religions and the one about allowing relocation of a holy city after current one is destroyed.

So, once again, how do I (or the AI for that matter) found religions? Any ideas? Please note that I previously played v25 with the same settings and in that case, I was founding religions through Great Prophets.

Save is attached for reference if anyone wants to look at it.

Zerli

Attachments

• Maximillian BC-4290.rar
    3.2 MB · Views: 46
A "problem" was found were the AI was not giving Religion Founding enough weight. That has been corrected thru the SVN.

But as for you not being able to found a religion is a bug. Unless you're thinking that if I get (for ex.) Monotheism I should be able to found Judaism, that's not how it works now. After researching Montheism you now have to research Judaism. This will require about 3 intermediate tech to get to it.

If you are doing this, you need to post a link to this thread/your post in the Bug thread for koshling to see. Also give details and what he should look for.

Thank you for playing C2C and Welcome to the forum. :)

JosEPh

True the religious techs have changed. It's possible I may have caused some trouble with the combat mod push for limited religions... I attempted a fix there to another problem. Are you working off of the SVN or just v26? If just v26 it may be a repaired issue already.

Also, do confirm you have Divine Prophets and Limited Religions both ON and that you don't already have a holy city please.

I have this same bug. I have several Prophets just sitting around talking about what to have with tea, but doing very little prophesying. I've researched all the various religions, Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity, Ngaism, etc. No option to found a religion is given when I select a prophet. None of the other civs in the game have founded a religion either.

It's very strange, I looked for a method for a long time. Now I'm just playing in a Godless world.

I don't have a holy city already. As I've stated in original post, no civilization has founded any religions anywhere in the world (as seen in Religious adviser). I am playing v26, patch 1, no SVN.

I am very sure I have Limited Religion option turned on, but I need to go back home to check if Divine Prophets are also on. I have attached a saved game file in the original post.

Zerli

If it's any help, I founded Shamanism in 19540 bc on SVN 3706 and the AI found Druidism on the same turn. My pre-game settings "Divine Prophets" is ON and "Choose Religions" is OFF. The RevDCM setting "Holy City Relocation" is selected but of course everyone is pre-Tribalism and only has one city each.

Something between SVN 3693 and 3706 fixed the AI religion because The AI found Druidism on 26740bc and held onto the GP until I upgraded to SVN 3706.

EDIT: I added the save file from the turn before I discover Shamanism, and I'll report an interesting symptom: The AI does not found Druidism until the same turn I found Shamanism. I get my GP on 19540bc, and just slept it for a turn, expecting the AI to found Druidism, which it discovered long ago in 26740bc. Nothing. So I found my Shamanism in 19480bc and that bloody copy cat AI just mimics my strategy! This latest test was performed with SVN 3720.

EDIT EDIT: The pattern is consistent: the AI will not found Druidism until I found Shamanism, regardless of how many turns I wait. Hopefully this will be a helpful lead.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: (final edit, I promise!) I loaded Zerli's save game with my SVN 3720 game and I can pick ANY religion, even ones not founded! Weird weird weird.....

I have this same bug. I have several Prophets just sitting around talking about what to have with tea, but doing very little prophesying. I've researched all the various religions, Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity, Ngaism, etc. No option to found a religion is given when I select a prophet. None of the other civs in the game have founded a religion either.

It's very strange, I looked for a method for a long time. Now I'm just playing in a Godless world.

If you are Not using Divine Prophets Option here are some conditions that must be met.

1. You must have a Religion Civic that allows a Religion, ie., Divine Cult and Prophets are the 1st that allow your civ to "have" a "state religion".
2. If you founded a religion but have No Holy City, then meet condition 1 and Then go to Religious Advisor screen and "Convert" to the Religion you have Founded.
3. The Great Prophets will then allow you to build Your Holy City Shrine.

The change in Civics from v25 to v26 make these steps necessary even for the AI if you are Not using the DP Option.

I don't usually use the DP or Limited and even I had to learn these steps to get my favorite religions founded and to get their Holy City Shrines after the New Civics were put in.

The AI also has to do the same thing as you. So if it's hanging on to the 1st Civic in the Religion category it won't Found one either.

JosEPh

Are you using V26? Koshling added a fix for this on the SVN a couple days ago, so it should be fixed now, if you are using the SVN please post the BBAI logs (assuming you have logging on, if not, see how to in the FAQs thread).

Are you using V26? Koshling added a fix for this on the SVN a couple days ago, so it should be fixed now, if you are using the SVN please post the BBAI logs (assuming you have logging on, if not, see how to in the FAQs thread).

My fix had nothing to do with this. I fixed the AI not researching the religion triggers. This report is about not being able to found religions yourself AFTER researching the trigger techs. Most likely it is a limited religion bug.

My fix had nothing to do with this. I fixed the AI not researching the religion triggers. This report is about not being able to found religions yourself AFTER researching the trigger techs. Most likely it is a limited religion bug.

Oh sorry, my bad.

Sorry, I'm not using SVN. I do have Divine Prophets and Limited Religions selected, it's my preferred method of play. That may change now that I can research specific religions at my discretion, though. I like that feature.

I'm about to start another game with neither selected. It's 6,000BC but I'm beating the AI so bad there isn't any reason to continue except sadism. ;)

If you are Not using Divine Prophets Option here are some conditions that must be met.

1. You must have a Religion Civic that allows a Religion, ie., Divine Cult and Prophets are the 1st that allow your civ to "have" a "state religion".
2. If you founded a religion but have No Holy City, then meet condition 1 and Then go to Religious Advisor screen and "Convert" to the Religion you have Founded.
3. The Great Prophets will then allow you to build Your Holy City Shrine.

The change in Civics from v25 to v26 make these steps necessary even for the AI if you are Not using the DP Option.

I don't usually use the DP or Limited and even I had to learn these steps to get my favorite religions founded and to get their Holy City Shrines after the New Civics were put in.

The AI also has to do the same thing as you. So if it's hanging on to the 1st Civic in the Religion category it won't Found one either.

JosEPh
That's all very... interesting. I wonder how that changed with the change of civics? We'd been able to found a religion before adopting one before so what's different???

Something in the way the New Civics are implemented? I have no clue. All I know is this is what I had to figure out to get my religions going. I get to Tengrii usually 1st but have to get the tech with Divine Cult (which comes before Prophets which I think is backwards) to be able to Convert to Tengrii. In the mean time I can't build the Shaman's Yurta or the Tengrii Horse trainer till then.

And on the subject of the new Civics, I'm not really impressed or think they are much if any improvement over the old. Ex. Slavery is still so OP it just plain hurts to see it in there. And of course the AI won't get off it cause why should they? It's just too good not to use. But of course I don't, cause I object to it even being in the game on many levels (personal preference). So I never use it. Same as Atheism in the religion Civics, still OP too. But I expect that too. I just won't use it. Proletariat has had it's teeth pulled but it's better than Bourgeois in that it doesn't give you +2 :yuck: empire wide.

Enough about the civics, you play with the hand that is dealt to you.

Part of the problem is that too much is being added all the time to the Mod. For ex. All of Hydro and Praetyre's Building chain changes should have waited till After the release of v26 not started before. This tainted the v26 Release with unfinished business. So Instead of a Stable v26 release we got another version were the horse is being changed in mid stream. Can't the Team get a consensus going on what and when stuff gets added in? After a release is put out then add your new stuff and get it in shape before you all release the Next version.

Just my opinion on some subjects that have come out recently. Feeling a bit flustered.

JosEPh

I'm with you, Joseph, no slavery or Atheism among my choices either. I do like the choices, however, and try to vary most of the others between games.

Now that I restarted without Limited Religions selected, I can found religions just fine. Too bad, I really like the Limited Religions setting.

I gave up on Limited Religions back in the RoM days. Cause nobody would fix the religion giving tech clusters. And that was really why Limited was made. An Option used as a patch for a tech tree oversight.

JosEPh

As I said earlier, my most recent SVN revisions have included what may well be a fix to the limited religion/DP bug you're reporting here. I remember there was a problem and I fixed it but it was so many months ago that I did that that I can't remember what the issue was and that well may have been it.

Try it on the SVN version then and let me know if your Limited Religion/DP combo works better now.

SVN version fixes this problem. I am not sure which revision I have in SVN; I pulled in whatever was latest on September 20th.

Zerli

SVN version fixes this problem. I am not sure which revision I have in SVN; I pulled in whatever was latest on September 20th.

Zerli

You mean the problem with limited religions/divine prophets combo? Very cool. Nice to know I've got that taken care of there then.

Top Bottom