Votes: 5 12.8%
  • It could be a good mod if more work was invested

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • General idea may be interesting but the rest - sucks

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Apepis

Chieftain
All right, I just got to play Fury Road and I'm not too shure what to think about it. On one side, it has great flavor, great potential, some really, really nice ideas - and, of course, already great work behind it. On the other side - sometimes it's annoying (Capitol victory, a complete mistake IMO), and some features are seriously underdeveloped (but then again, the mod IS under development).

I'll post more constructive criticism in another thread, but at the moment I'd like to know how do you like the mod so far, what hopes do you have obout it. So, go ahead - post your thoughts and vote in pool:)

The mod itself and the idea behind it are both great, but Fury Road is currently too much like Civ. It should IMO aspire to be unafraid of being different, unique and unmatched. Currently it is yet a bit too much like any other fresh start mod, although with strong a post-apocalyptical flavour, starting with a city and a warrior, and developing from there to a civilization. However, I can't know what Fury Road will look like in the future, but I'd like to see more of the post-apocalyptic stuff:

Want to grow population? Then find refugees and attract them to your place. Want to make a huge army? Then there'll be less workers to grow food. Want to live in that desert with those valuable ruins? Then get water there somehow. Also the governments should be unique and more realistic: will you rule by the laws of the strongest, by an uniting vision or the consensus of your followers? Anarchy should be really painful (longer, perhaps loss of units/population to simulate power struggles) but sometimes certainly worth it. Also, happiness is a bit vague concept for a time when survival is the priority; it should become an issue only when the people can think about it without getting killed by monsters exploiting the distraction.

All right, I just got to play Fury Road and I'm not too shure what to think about it. [...] I'll post more constructive criticism in another thread, but at the moment I'd like to know how do you like the mod so far, what hopes do you have obout it. So, go ahead - post your thoughts and vote in pool:)

Over a hundred people have viewed the poll, but nobody has voted. Anyway, I am interested in your additional constructive criticism. There has certainly been a lot of discussion about the capitol victory throughout the different versions; I agree it is not perfect, but I am curious why you feel so strongly about it.

It depends what you mean by "dead". I have not done any active development in a couple of months. The current version still works, obviously, and I monitor the sub-forum for any questions or comments.

Thanks for the quick response and I'm glad to hear it. I think this mod has been well done and I've enjoyed playing it. Do you plan any new versions in the future?

I think, I can say it aloud, so: I'm working on a major modmod to Fury Road (right now it includes new tech tree, new civics, and some other stuff). Although I constantly encounter setbacks in my work (RL interference), I think a playable beta will be out somewhere around Christmas. If you, the gamers:), will like the modmod, I suppose it will be included in the next version of Fury Road (after some negotiations and an additional feedback gathering).

So, BossDaddy, I can assure you that Fury Road will be developed, if not by davidlallen, then by me, or by any other helpfull individual. This mod is just too good idea to waste.

I hope it does continue Apepis. The last scenario like this that I enjoyed was After the Apocalypse for Civ II Scenarios way back in the day. I'm almost through with Fallout 3 and that's made me really hoping for more with this mod. I understand people are busy with real life so I don't want to come across as pushy. Davidallen has done a great job and Sezereth as always has brilliant art. I will continue to check back and see if anything updates. Sorry, forgot to mention charle88, refar, the coyote, and anyone else. The art looks great and feels right for the mod!

Thanks for the quick response and I'm glad to hear it. I think this mod has been well done and I've enjoyed playing it. Do you plan any new versions in the future?

I tend to get obsessive about one thing for a few months and then go on to something else. Often, after 2-3 changes, I go back to a previous thing. For example, in August-September I got into FFH, and it looks like when the scenarios get released next week, I will go back into that.

I still have a four page to-do list, including a bunch of random ideas, for Fury Road. So I will go back to it at some point. Also, as Apepis and Avahz point out, mod-mods are what make this whole forum more fun.

Greetings! My name is Slaughter and I'm a hardcore Fallout fan, although I also like Mad Max and other post-apocalyptic works. I was glad I found this mod!

The mod itself and the idea behind it are both great, but Fury Road is currently too much like Civ. It should IMO aspire to be unafraid of being different, unique and unmatched. Currently it is yet a bit too much like any other fresh start mod, although with strong a post-apocalyptical flavour, starting with a city and a warrior, and developing from there to a civilization. However, I can't know what Fury Road will look like in the future, but I'd like to see more of the post-apocalyptic stuff:

I agree with the quote. The idea and the mod are great, but its still too much like civ. Also, techtree and units are strangely sparse. There's so much room for new ideas and advances, wish I could help, but I can do no more than suggest ideas. Perhaps I should start learning how to program with XML.

@DavidAllen: If you want some inspiration for this mod, perhaps you should play Thorgrimm's & Flamand's The Rebirth of Civilization, a civIII Fallout Mod. It is discontinued, but you can still download it somewhere in the site. It has a great post-apocalyptic mood. It was a great mod. Another great post-apocalyptic mod for another game is Fallout Doomsday Mod (FODD), a Fallout mod for Hearts of Iron 2: http://www.terranova.dk/index.php?c=5

Top Bottom