How do you recommend I set this mp game up?

12padams

Prince
Hey everyone! I'm not really a civ 4 player but I do love the mod "caveman2cosmos" for civ4 so I guess you can call me a "caveman2cosmos player". Anyway... I've put together a thread on the caveman2cosmos forums for a multiplayer game we have planned. Many of us (about 6) are going to do a lets play of the same game from our own perspective so viewers can watch/read lets plays based on who they want to go for in this multiplayer game.

Anyway... I've set up everything here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=478942 and everyone's voted on game options and I got people to join but now there's a problem... We haven't actually decided how we are going set up this multiplayer game. I know nothing about multiplayer games so I need a little help knowing what we can do.

We have thought about play by email but not everyone wants their email shared. We thought about play by email but to host our files on a file hosting website but then someone said we could use an svn... I don't know what would be best so what do you guys recommend?

Basically I am estimating with 15 players around the world that we will get through a turn every 2 days (each episode of our lets plays will be in sync containing 10 turns each). So a live multiplayer server is not an option. So... Multiplayer experts, what do you recommend.

P.S. I am the only lets player doing a video with commentary lets play on this multiplayer game while the others are doing screenshot and text based lets plays. I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to join our game and do a video with commentary lets play. Simply open fraps, open your game, press record when you start your turn and stop recording when you end your turn. You will be left with mini video clips of each of your turns on your computer so every 10 turns just chuck em into movie maker to join them into an episode then upload it to your youtube channel. I greatly appreciate anyone willing to join our game and do a video with commentary lets play :) (only 4 slots left as of posting this though...)

Top Bottom