How does one go about acquiring a copy of Civ II these days?

Tasonne

Deity
I, like many of you, have spent decades playing Civilization.. Over the the years I have paid for more than one physical copy of the game. I remember drooling over the tech tree poster like it was yesterday. However I have long lost possession of the copies I once prized.

It's been many eons since I last played Civ II, and I was lately getting an urge to come back to the old gem and get some more enjoyment out of it.

My question is this, in this new age of digital downloads, where do we go about finding a title like Civ II. I doubt that it's on steam though I wouldn't be surprised. Gog? G2A? Is there some Civ II authorized dealer out there that I don't know about?

Has it gone to abandonware?

Thank you !

Civ 1 & 2 are not currently available on any digital store. @Blake00 has a bunch of information here

If you want a legal copy your best bet is buying the installation media on ebay. There are usually some pretty cheap copies available. Per the forums rules, we can't link you to any abandonware sites.

Hello Tasonne, try this:

Moderator Action: Abandonware site link removed. Please see the quote below from the site rules and consider voting for it to be added to Steam & GoG - Blake00
Piracy
We have zero tolerance for piracy. This includes posting pirated material, linking to pirated material, telling people how to avoid copy-protection etc, or even advocating piracy. We also consider "abandonware" to be piracy, as it has no official legal recognition. Please do not link to abandonware sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom