How does the district's cost increase ?

cyrilp

Chieftain
Hi,

Does anybody know how is the district's cost evolving ?

Is there a rule or formula explaining how it's increasing ?

Thanks,

Cyril

Yes there is a formula for sure; I read it in this forum last week. Do a search for "district cost" and you may find it. All I remember is it has to do with how culturally and scientifically advanced you are, which is a bit counter intuitive..

It is based on what % of techs you've researched or what % of civics you've researched, whichever is higher. A normal district costs 60 production at 0 techs/civics and linearly increases to 600 production at 100% techs/civics. There is a 25% cost reduction if you have fewer of that district than the average among all players. Unique districts cost 50% less.

The production cost for a district doesn't change once you've placed its building site, so you can place multiple at once to end up spending less production or place one and go back to producing a builder/trader/whatever.

So basically, one more reason for me to half-research techs and then move on to something else until the boost comes along to finish it.

It is based on what % of techs you've researched or what % of civics you've researched, whichever is higher. A normal district costs 60 production at 0 techs/civics and linearly increases to 600 production at 100% techs/civics. There is a 25% cost reduction if you have fewer of that district than the average among all players. Unique districts cost 50% less.

The production cost for a district doesn't change once you've placed its building site, so you can place multiple at once to end up spending less production or place one and go back to producing a builder/trader/whatever.
Thanx for the explanation. This part of the game was definitely a mystery to me. Not sure I'm keen on this design system, I can see some justification for it, but it is rather frustrating that late-game cities takes ages to build their districts.

And in current build; the price gets locked down when you put one turn of production into it;
this is really suggesting locking down prices of districts ASAP even if you don't intend to build it yet.

And in current build; the price gets locked down when you put one turn of production into it;
this is really suggesting locking down prices of districts ASAP even if you don't intend to build it yet.
Didn't know about this, if it's true then if you have your spots for districts all set up, it begs you to exploit this mechanic and lock the prices of all possible districts that you will build at some point.

Yeah it's a bit silly, but the best way to play around the system is to research all the district technologies first. Then, while you're still low on Technology/Civics, you place down as much districts in your cities as possible, without actually building them right away. That way you get cheap districts. This is another thing that makes Germany so OP, because you can place more districts, while the cities are still very low pop.

At the same time, it can be very punishing to advance through Technology/Civics trees too fast in the beginning. If you get too far ahead, without placing/building districts, your commercial hubs and harbors suddenly cost a fortune. That makes it better to hold of on science districts in the beginning and get your commercial/industrial/harbors up first.

Top Bottom