How far will it take until next part?

they just relased fire and that versions has been on the way for months - expect the next release to take atleast as long.

The Design team usually don't reveal much detail so far ahead of the fase.

Yeah, no details. Instead we will be concentrating on fixing things in Fire and iterating new versions. We have 5 public versions of "Light" (not counting all of the patches). So its going to take a while to get it all tuned and tweaked like we want.

So how long? 1 year?

Dude, he has no clue. Its like asking a company who just started designing a new video game when its going to be released.

If they due have a due date from the very start, its always subject to being pushed back. ;)

I wouldn't care that much how much time it takes to finish. Some people are still making new mods for Civ3. And people still play counterstrike. It wasn't finished fast but properly.

First i think it`s a good sign when he asks for the next version, cause it shows he is trusting the team to create even more ;)

But in general: Many gameproductions had to be rushed, cause a profit machinery sits in the designers neck and creates pressure on them. Those games come with bugs and with not as many features / art as the designers wished for and some seem really unfinished.
We dont have any need for profit or limits in our neck, thats why we can take the time it needs to develope. and as it is a dynamic process, it has the chance of becoming even better than a professionell game, just for the cause that most of those professionel guys cant work like they want to, but like they have to.

And as the next phase is built on this phase, it depends on how fast this phase can be completed (but as i said, no rush here, we want quality instead of quantity ;) )

I think time is just in favour of the "mod" ;)
And new features/art keep getting implemented all over the time, so enjoy the dynamic process of "fire"

Dude, he has no clue. Its like asking a company who just started designing a new video game when its going to be released.

If they due have a due date from the very start, its always subject to being pushed back. ;)

Nah, it's far worse. A company that started designing a new video game will have a budget, and planning. A group of modders who does everything for free in their free time can't have precise planning.

The current version has been out less than a week. Is it really that bad that you want a new model already?

Normally, when you want more of something it's because you liked the first part ;)

When is the next pacht (21) coming out?

I would share the dates if I knew the dates, but I don't. Sorry. We work on it and release when we are ready.

Top Bottom