How is Great Scientist's beaker value determined?

AlphaKappa

Chieftain
I'm wondering what determines the beaker value of the Great Scientist when you expend for the science boost?

The reason why I ask is I made a new game starting in the Renaissance, unlocked National Treasure policy, got Great Scientist, but its expend value is 0. Why is that?

Something wrong with your installs or mods.
Scientist bulbs depend on amount of science generated ... I think recent 10 turns, fixed when scientist is born.
This is then modified by +10% for each great scientist plots (I dont think captured ones count but I could be wrong).
Free thought (rationalism) increase the bulb with 25%.
And thats about it.

Something wrong with your installs or mods.
Scientist bulbs depend on amount of science generated ... I think recent 10 turns, fixed when scientist is born.
This is then modified by +10% for each great scientist plots (I dont think captured ones count but I could be wrong).
Free thought (rationalism) increase the bulb with 25%.
And thats about it.
Gotcha. But if what you're telling me is correct then it might be working as intended? Because in my situation I'm able to get the Scientist on my very first turn using the policy, and I haven't generated any science yet. I'm using a fresh install of 2.7.3 with no mods.

Gotcha. But if what you're telling me is correct then it might be working as intended? Because in my situation I'm able to get the Scientist on my very first turn using the policy, and I haven't generated any science yet. I'm using a fresh install of 2.7.3 with no mods.
You get some science even from your bare capital otherwise you wouldnt be able to tech.
Only way to get zero is from a turn 1 scientist, thats not possible without cheats or very "special" mods.

You get some science even from your bare capital otherwise you wouldnt be able to tech.
Only way to get zero is from a turn 1 scientist, thats not possible without cheats or very "special" mods.

they are doing advanced start.

The Great Scientist bulb yield is equal to a % of the science you generated in the previous 5 or 8 turns, I think, then multiplied by any modifiers. This value is locked when the Scientist is born.

All bulbs should already be changed to count the previous 10 turns, then multiplied by a certain percentage. For Scientist it's 30%.

So a GS is worth 3 turns of science?
That can't be right, can it?
It's worth ~3 turns of science with an added bonus based on how many academies you've built (and still own).

It's worth ~3 turns of science with an added bonus based on how many academies you've built (and still own).
Yeah, these 10 % talked about earlier. I am not sure to what these 10 % aply.
Lets say you have have 5 academies. does it mean

- instead of 30% of the last 10 turns you get 30 % + 50 % or

- you get 30% *1,5 ?

You get 30% of the last 10 turns, multiplied by 1.5

Strange to see so much variation posted so definitively. Is there an actual formula in the game code? I would think so.

Top Bottom