How Many Beakers = Turns

brewgod

Prince
Hello Fellow Die Hard Civ 5 Fans:

Perhaps this is an easy question which I am not understanding but when you choose which tech to research next I only see how many turns it will take. Is there a screen or window or area which will tell or show you how many science beakers it takes to discover a tech. Point being increasing my beakers over the period of the game does not seem to bring down the number of turns it takes to reach the next tech. I would like to see o.k. Navigation takes 1000 beakers and I currently have 25. O.k. then do the math and it takes 40 turns etc.

Is there more info which I am missing with the relationship of beakers and research.

I play on Marathon.

Thanks

Brew God

If you mouse over the icon of the tech you're researching you can see how many beakers it costs and how many you've already put in.

Mouse over either the tech in the tree, or in the overview, the science icon on the top of the screen. Both tell you how many beakers it requires and how many you have put in, and will help you predict if putting cities on research will gain you a turn or so.

Or... Hit the civilopedia and click on technologies. Then, spend ten minutes trying to remember if it's an ancient, classical or medieval tech. Close civilopedia without finding it and try to remember why you wanted to know that. God that thing's oddly organized.

If you click on a technology you want in the tech tree, you'll see how many turns each technology will be researched that lead to the technology that you want.

Top Bottom