How many beakers?

Salte

King
Is there some way to find out exactly how many beakers your civ produce every turn? I know that the domestic advisers tells u how much income is spent on research, but when u build libraries and other improvements the number of beakers will be different, right?

well, basically you don't really need to know, there's no point, all that matters is when you research it, but since you asked, librarys and stuff are counted in that thing w/ your domestic advisor, and if you want to figure out how much your scientists are making set your science to 0 (during your turn) add uop the amount of beakers in the colloum that each city has in the DA, add those 2 #'s together and wholla! don't forget to set your research back to where it was though

You may see it on the Domestic Advisor screen per city, and you may sort it up/down... but you don't see the total

Yes you can add them up. Tedious, but if you really need to know its there.

And there is a point, for example, if you want to micromanage how many beakers you're making per turn so you waste none. Although this would only work if you know the exact tech price in beakers (and rememember the price fluctuates depending on who owns if and if anyone else is researching it, and how close those people researching it are).

My impression has always been that your F1 will tell you your net research after library, etc. adjustments.

Not that it makes that much difference. There is no way you could accurately calculate the net and current cost of a tech. There is the base cost of the tech, but that is modified by difficulty level, how many civs you have contact with that already have the tech, ...

Originally posted by Jaybe
There is no way you could accurately calculate the net and current cost of a tech. There is the base cost of the tech, but that is modified by difficulty level, how many civs you have contact with that already have the tech, ...
hehe

Tech Calc by Grey Fox. It has recently been updated to inculde all the scenarios and all 3 versions of Civ.

As long as you can talk to the other civs you can see if they have it, and you can calculate the exact beaker cost.

As others have mentioned your F1 advisor tells you your number of beakers per turn, although it does not include scientists. This has always seemed crazy to me as counting lots of scientists takes *ages*, but I often do it.

Originally posted by anarres

As others have mentioned your F1 advisor tells you your number of beakers per turn, although it does not include scientists. This has always seemed crazy to me as counting lots of scientists takes *ages*, but I often do it.

Thanks for helping out all. But just to clarify this beyond doubt (some tell me i'm a little slow):

If i only have one city. This city has 10 income. No improvements are built. No corruption. Science is on 50%.
Domestic advisor will tell me: Income - 10, Science - 5.

If i then build library, will it be:
Income - 10, Science - 5.
Income - 10, Science - 7. (makes no sense)
Income - 12, Science - 7.

Income 12, science 7.

Originally posted by Hygro
Income 12, science 7.

Income 12? Why would a library increase the income?

And to Salte: why would Income - 10, science - 7 make no sense?

Libraries will multiply net science by 1.5, thus adding 50% to science 'output'.

This confused me to Commander Bello, thats why i asked.

A librabry doesnt increase the income, but appearantly the ekstra beakers u get for it will count as income. (So if i set my science slider to 100% i would get income = 15)

Income - 10, science - 7 makes no sense because only 50% of my income should go to science.

Edit: income - 12, science - 7 obviously doesnt make sense either if u dont know about the library.

As I explained in my previous posting, the library will multiply your net science by 1.5.

So, if without any corruption and at a setting of 100 % science all your 10 gold are converted to science (beakers), then the library will make them 10 * 1.5 = 15 beakers.
Your income will not have changed (if we assume that you don't have to pay maintenance for the library itself)

Top Bottom