how many cities adopting your religion?

neoaspilet11

Chieftain
my latest game, China bnw emperor. i obtained the desert folklore, 100 gold for each city coversion. at around 1800s my religion spreads to 52 cities. i attacked the other holy cities with prophets. plus i propose a world religion in world congress.

Congratulations. Did your proposal for a World Religion pass? I am pretty sure the proposal angered the civilizations with rival religions. However, they were probably already angry with you for converting their holy cities.

It's easy enough to bribe passage in my experience, you just need to not mind the loss of spies and expense. If you run tithe or the 100 :c5gold: per city, should be worth it.

If I can get the first enhanced religion, I can convert my continent. I basically convert all my cities, then all cities within the max religion spread distance from a holy city. Everything else usually naturally converts.

Tithe would have probably been the better choice if you were going to convert 52 cities. I find the initiation rites belief is only good for when you expect your religion to be overrun by other religions later on.

Hell, tithe is probably even better then. It's just that good.

Initiation rites is awesome if you expect the game to be over quickly, and you want to be rush-buying a lot of settlers.

Initiation rites is awesome if you expect the game to be over quickly, and you want to be rush-buying a lot of settlers.

How often do you expect the game to be over quickly while you're founding a religion???

Since basically all of my games are intended to be submitted to the hof (you should have a look, get involved too. ;) http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=412 ) I usually have a good idea of how I intend to win. If the plan is science-based, then tithe or 2 gpt per city are going to get chosen. But if the plan is spamming cities, generating faith, and getting the sacred sites reformation belief, then I don't expect the game to last long enough for those, and the up-front cash is going to be much more helpful, as I'll have a lot of stuff to buy with it.

Top Bottom