How many hours per day would you like to work?

How many hours per day would you enjoy working, if your livelihood didn't depend on it?

• Total voters
My current job is almost purely for the income. If I didn't need it for that, I probably wouldn't work at all. I also had a window of not being employed, after the "great recession" of 2008-09, and the only thing that ever kept me from being constantly busy was money (a lack thereof, specifically). The owner of the company I work for is quite wealthy, of retirement age but still fit & healthy enough to enjoy life, and he still comes into the office 4-5 hours a day, 4 days a week. I don't know what's wrong with him. :lol:

He's gotta keep an eye on slackers like you!

edit: read wrong, i don't have a present work really. unemployed. so removed answer.

well I didn’t give an answer to my current non existent job either ;)

And while I definitely enjoy coding, if I had a choice of labor practices to fill a “you must work but it doesn’t affect your livelihood” I’d be making music. And if it had to be code it wouldn’t be the projects I’m likely to be hired for, even if they’re quite fine.

So really to the OPs question the number is zero.

I think back to older jobs and it’s really really zero. Like the structure and the professional environment helps other areas of my life so I’m game but you will never convince me to be a waiter or receptionist for free, every day, for hours.

Top Bottom