How much is the game worth to you?

How much would you pay for CiVilization?

• Not even a buck!

Votes: 26 10.4%
  • A buck.

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • 5 to 10 dollars

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • 10-30 dollars

Votes: 61 24.3%
  • 40 dollars

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • 40+ dollars

Votes: 83 33.1%

• Total voters

lissenber

Warlord
Now that you know what the state of the game, would you still buy it for 40 dollars?

Yes. I played for 74 hours so far, which is much better than what I get out of most games. (In fact I paid EUR 55, which is a fairly normal price hereabouts, and I generally consider a game worth this sum if it provides me with 30 or more hours of gameplay.)

If I were to put Civ V away now due to its various undebatable shortcomings, it would be a much worse deal than Civ IV+BtS eventually turned out to be, but still compare favourably to most other games I buy. I do however expect the rough edges to be smoothed out over time, I can wait if that means I'm getting a better deal after all.

I would still buy this game for, lets say $8.99.

I have spent about 4 hours on this game and won't be going back anytime soon. I can't exactly pinpoint what's wrong with civ5, but the game somehow feels wrong, maybe even boring. The 'one more turn' phenomenon is gone. Maybe it's the game's fault, or it could be that my interests have shifted.

Civ is not a game that is meant to be played through a few times, never to be touched again. It's "supposed" to be infinitely replayable and provide you with a huge amount of entertainment distributed over time. Unlike, say, Assassin's Creed 2, which you play through and are done with. It has no replayability. I never buy that type of games (just played it because it came with my new vieo card). So when I pay $70 for Civ V, it's with the expectation to get hundreds of hours out of it, not 30. Now, we know that Civ V has a number of bugs and a few bigger gameplay issues. Still, I'm hopeful that with a combination of (big) patches and mods, it will be able to deliver reasonably well. Maybe it won't live up to my maybe unrealistic fantasy about how awesome it was going to be, but it could still be salvaged to a degree.

Worth every penny I paid for it which was 49.99. Civ games are always worth the money. I feel that many people are hating on the game simply because their computers can't run it well. You do need a pretty good rig to play this game at it's best.

Worth every penny I paid for it which was 49.99. Civ games are always worth the money. I feel that many people are hating on the game simply because their computers can't run it well. You do need a pretty good rig to play this game at it's best.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of "haters" have legitimate grievances about gameplay. Much like how many people complained of Civ3's gameplay compared to Civ2, or Civ4's compared to Civ3.

Can't play large or huge maps, even standard maps are questionable. (system is above recommended specs)

$25

I think civ 5 is a great game on its own with unlimited potential. I admit there are some issues that need to be fixed asap but it's a 9 scorer for me nonetheless just not civ4BTS complete yet.

Also I'v had countless hours of fun out of firaxis' games from civ3 all the way to civ5 and I'd be more than happy to support the company. So 40+ bucks for me.

it might be worth 40+ if I could actually buy the Civ V game software and load it on my computer and run it stand alone. But, since all you are allowed to do for the price of the game is rent the ability to play the game, it is worth nothing.

I would pay 19.99$ for it, with a 19.00 $ voucher on it of course, what a fail of a game seriously:lol: I've been playing this series forever now and now this !

:crazyeye:

According to Steam, I've spent 35 hours on Civ5. I can't say I've really enjoyed a single one of those hours and it's increasingly difficult to work up the will to play. Knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't buy it period.

Top Bottom