How much would you pay for a New Civ? (DLC)

How much would you pay for a New Civ? (DLC)

• I would never buy an individual Civ

Votes: 58 40.8%
  • Less than $0.99

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • $1.00 ~ $1.99

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • $2.00 ~ $2.99

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • $3.00 ~ $3.99

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • $4.00 ~ $4.99

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • More than $5.00

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • I'll just wait for the Expansion

Votes: 18 12.7%

• Total voters
I'd pay less than 99 cents...... But I'm sure you mean what's the most I'd pay, and that's $4-$4.99 (awesome civ, great ub/ua/uu). I'd wait for a sale on steam or a price drop if I didn't find the civ that interesting.

To me they're worth about $2.50. Of course, they won't end up that price (minus maybe a Steam Sale)...

Hmm, I already had a similar poll a couple of months ago (for hypoethetical Mongolia DLC), so it will be interesting to compare the results.

For those familiar with negotiation terms, the $5 price for Babylon is an anchor, so pretty much all I can say is that I almost certainly would not pay any more than that. What I'd pay beneath that is hard to say. It'd depend on the civ, and how many there are.

Hmm, I already had a similar poll a couple of months ago (for hypoethetical Mongolia DLC), so it will be interesting to compare the results.

For those familiar with negotiation terms, the $5 price for Babylon is an anchor, so pretty much all I can say is that I almost certainly would not pay any more than that. What I'd pay beneath that is hard to say. It'd depend on the civ, and how many there are.

Well it would be wise for them, and dare I say fair, that they would be better off giving out multiple Civs for one single reasonable price.

I wait for an expansion. But I would probably not buy even that, if there are only just some new civs - far more importen for me: new features, new game elements something like this. And, as long as the AI is not fixed, any new civ won't help to improve CiV anyway.

I would pay about 5.99 or 6.99 AUD for the two civilizaton/scenario DLC that is coming out before Christmas. However for a SINGLE civ I think about 3.99 - 4.99 AUD. Considering that as you buy more you get a higher discount.

I doubt very much that Firaxis/2K will release single civilizations as DLC in the future, at the very least it would be two civilizations or one civilization and some scenarios.

I think that the 4.99 (5.99 in Australia) price for Babylon was appropriate considering we got the Mongols and the Mongol Scenario for "free" and that if they had charged any less the people who paid $10 extra for the Deluxe Edition which included Babylon would have been up in arms - it wouldn't have been fair to them.

I will definitely buy expansion packs, however me buying DLC packs is dependent on the value for money i'm getting, otherwise i'll just wait for a Steam sale.

To me they're worth about $2.50. Of course, they won't end up that price (minus maybe a Steam Sale)...

maybe you should see things this way:

you would pay 5$ for two civs.

Babylon is 5$ and Mongolia is for free, so those two add up exactly for the most reasonable price for one civ: 2.5$.

I say it's deffinately reasonable.

Since I can decide myself which civ I would buy (and which not) the 3.49 Euro on Steam is a fair price. As Jharii said above - I've spent more on much worse ...

Nothing, DLC is a cheap attempt to coax more money out of the player base for work probably already done when the game was released.

'The games ready to ship boss'
'Ok, what can we strip out for the first five DLC packs?'
'Well we could hold a few Civs back?'
'that sounds great, the accountants will be very happy'
'Won't the fans be pissed?'
'Screw the fans, they are sheep, they'd buy any old sh1t we slapped the Civ name on'

50 pence

If the civ is unique and can give me a new play style no other civ can do I'll probably be willing to pay $10, but most likely I wont buy more civs even if they cost $1. I haven't even used all default civs, so more civs is only valuable if they are interesting. I can see myself buying the vikings if they have unique naval raiding abilities.

I payed 33,11 Swedish Kronor(4,89 USD) for the Babylons. And I have to work about 15 minutes to make that money.
So Yes, I think it's worth 15 min of work for a single civ.

Top Bottom