How to build Misson

KillerSOS

Chieftain
I have a Jeuist Missionary or whatever he is called. I go to a native tribal village and it does not give me the option.

what are the benefits of a mission? chance to covert the native tribe??

what are the benefits of a mission? chance to covert the native tribe??
Tribes with missions in them regularly produce Indian Converts for you. They are slightly better than regular colonists at field jobs.

Do all missions produce converted natives in the same rate or are there any important factors like a size of a native tribe or how close a tribe is to your cities...?

I think Jesuit Missionaries convert natives faster, and then there's at least one Founding Father that helps the matter (+50% conversion speed). I don't think the tribe size nor distance to your colonies has anything to do with the conversion. Of course, if the tribe's far away, it'll take a while to get the convert to your settlements, given he appears in the same tile as his home tribe.

It also depends on the native leader's traits. Anyone like Sitting Bull with Impressionable have a 100% bonus to converting.

I think Jesuit Missionaries convert natives faster, and then there's at least one Founding Father that helps the matter (+50% conversion speed). I don't think the tribe size nor distance to your colonies has anything to do with the conversion. Of course, if the tribe's far away, it'll take a while to get the convert to your settlements, given he appears in the same tile as his home tribe.

Yes look up Jesuit missionaries in the Civopedia. I believe it says they generate converts 50% faster. this then I believe would be combined with the founding father conversion bonus.

Also has anyone looked to see if missions improve your relations with the Indians? They did in the old game but haven't seen anything in my brief time with the game.

Finally, Any ideas why Jesuit Missionaries can no longer be purchased from Europe like col. 1? Is there any way to get them other than the founding father? I haven't had one show up on my docks yet. Does the fact that the designers changed the game so they can only be found in small numbers indicate that they are extremely powerful? Why else would they no longer be able to be bought?

There's a button on the interface for setting up missions and you don't have to end your turn (or have your whole move, depending on how you look at it) to establish a mission.

Finally, Any ideas why Jesuit Missionaries can no longer be purchased from Europe like col. 1? Is there any way to get them other than the founding father? I haven't had one show up on my docks yet. Does the fact that the designers changed the game so they can only be found in small numbers indicate that they are extremely powerful? Why else would they no longer be able to be bought?

IMO they're powerful in a way similar to the mounted seasoned scouts, which are also not available for purchase. Getting either early is huge so far for me. I always want a scout from my first europe trip.

are the jesuits only available from random religious immigration or is there a way to unlock them to be recruitable from europe?

are the jesuits only available from random religious immigration or is there a way to unlock them to be recruitable from europe?

There isnt anyway to "unlock" them to make them purchasable, though I would have preferred the designers put something like this in. The only other way to get them is through the one founding father which gives you three of them. (and would make a perfect candidate to be the unlocker to buying them in Europe- aka choose him and get three Jesuits plus ability to recruit them from Europe for 2k each.) Perhaps a mod will fix this, or even better a patch.

While you can't purchase jesuits (that would be sacrilege!) you can take a regular colonist recruited in europe and turn him into a missionary. They are pretty effective at converting tribe members, too, I've found.

Top Bottom