How to deal with massive defensive cities.

KAZUY4

Warlord
Just a tip. Spies is one of the keys in Domination victory, specially if u play in Warlord or up. There are not necesary in cheiftain, but how useful are.... uffff sabotaging defenses, destroying buildings, that's is one of the keys to victory in tough matchs. That's why probably my civ in this game will be russia :D.
U can easilly remove the "defense" mode of units in the city just using spies, and with that removing the 100% that those units receive with fortifications.

When you use a spy to remove the fortified bonus from a city does it remove it from all units inside or just from one?

When you use a spy to remove the fortified bonus from a city does it remove it from all units inside or just from one?
I think its just one, and its probably the best one. But i am far from sure.

Anybody?

It removes it from ALL the units, essentially resetting the defense bonus.

it remove fortification for all units. Very VERY useful. Usually in Warlord I'll go with 3 spies, one to destroy a building, another to steal gold so he can't rush units and the last one for the fortification.

has the game even been realsed yet?

It has in Europe. Those of us in the US must wait a bit longer (July 8).

im curious about this crap too because i built the spy ring and the only thing it did was it destroyed the walls and that was the only difference i noticed and i still got my ass kicked by the same Greek units and i just kept on improving their defences because on the next turn they got a general.

The defences reset after 1 turn so you have to attack in the same turn after the spies do their job.

The defences reset after 1 turn so you have to attack in the same turn after the spies do their job.

Exactly, move your armies, block their resources with them and find a good spot to attack, forest/hill/wherever. After that move your spies when u are in position to attack because the defense regenerate after 1 turn.

im curious about this crap too because i built the spy ring and the only thing it did was it destroyed the walls and that was the only difference i noticed and i still got my ass kicked by the same Greek units and i just kept on improving their defences because on the next turn they got a general.

I always take a spy ring with me on campaigns, but the only mission they ever carry out is "Leave Quietly" ;) The problem with sending individual spies into enemy cities to disrupt fortifications etc is that they get their ass kicked if there is a defending spy in the city. So the purpose of my spy ring is to go on ahead, beat up any defending spy, and then retreat to let a single spy go in and carry out the actual mission unmolested.

Ah, that'd probably be a good idea in future. Just had a relatively successful war against Cleopatra, but had to give up after finding her capital so entrenched with defensives. To add insult to injury I had to give her a tech to go to peace even after taking two of her cities

But yeah, next time spies it is if I can

Top Bottom