How to exchange the English Musketman, and Redcoat unit graphics in BAT.

Lemon Merchant

Not Quite Sonic
Retired Moderator

There have been a number of grumbles about the fact that the Musketman and Redcoat unit graphics are incorrect in BAT. The thing is, they come this way from Varietas Delectat. I have spoken to Avain about this, and he feels that the unit graphics are best they way that they are. The VD component in BAT is, and will always remain unaltered (except for bug fixes). It's Avain's mod, and he graciously allows me to use it in BAT. I respect his views and I will not change unit graphics as a result.

That doesn't mean that you, the user, can't do it if it bothers you. It's your game, and it must be fun for you, and not distracting. With that in mind, here is how to exchange the Redcoat and Musketman:

Locate the file VD_English_CIV4UnitArtStyleTyoeInfos.XML, located in the assets\Modules\Varietas Delectat\XML\UnitArtStyles&CivInfos folder. Load the file with your favorite editor (I like Notepad++ myself. :) ), and locate the following section:

Code:
                <StyleUnit>
                    <UnitType>UNIT_MUSKETMAN</UnitType>
                    <UnitMeshGroup>
                        <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_ENGLISH_REDCOAT</EarlyArtDefineTag>
                        <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_ENGLISH_REDCOAT</LateArtDefineTag>
                        <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_ENGLISH_REDCOAT</MiddleArtDefineTag>
                    </UnitMeshGroup>
                </StyleUnit>

<StyleUnit>
                    <UnitType>UNIT_ENGLISH_REDCOAT</UnitType>
                    <UnitMeshGroup>
                        <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_COLONIAL_RIFLEMAN_ENGLISH</EarlyArtDefineTag>
                        <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_COLONIAL_RIFLEMAN_ENGLISH</LateArtDefineTag>
                        <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_COLONIAL_RIFLEMAN_ENGLISH</MiddleArtDefineTag>
                    </UnitMeshGroup>
                </StyleUnit>

Simply change it to this:

Code:
                <StyleUnit>
                    <UnitMeshGroup>
                    </UnitMeshGroup>
                </StyleUnit>

<StyleUnit>
                    <UnitMeshGroup>
                    </UnitMeshGroup>
                </StyleUnit>
And save the file. Voila! The Redcoat and Musketman are exchanged!

Have fun.

Brought to you by the letter L :p

There have been a number of grumbles about the fact that the Musketman and Redcoat unit graphics are incorrect in BAT. The thing is, they come this way from Varietas Delectat. I have spoken to Avain about this, and he feels that the unit graphics are best they way that they are. The VD component in BAT is, and will always remain unaltered (except for bug fixes). It's Avain's mod, and he graciously allows me to use it in BAT. I respect his views and I will not change unit graphics as a result.

That doesn't mean that you, the user, can't do it if it bothers you. It's your game, and it must be fun for you, and not distracting. With that in mind, here is how to exchange the Redcoat and Musketman:

Locate the file VD_English_CIV4UnitArtStyleTyoeInfos.XML, located in the assets\Modules\Varietas Delectat\XML\UnitArtStyles&CivInfos folder. Load the file with your favorite editor (I like Notepad++ myself. :) ), and locate the following section:

Code:
                <StyleUnit>
                    <UnitMeshGroup>
                    </UnitMeshGroup>
                </StyleUnit>

<StyleUnit>
                    <UnitMeshGroup>
                    </UnitMeshGroup>
                </StyleUnit>

Simply change it to this:

Code:
                <StyleUnit>
                    <UnitMeshGroup>
                    </UnitMeshGroup>
                </StyleUnit>

<StyleUnit>
                    <UnitMeshGroup>
                    </UnitMeshGroup>
                </StyleUnit>
And save the file. Voila! The Redcoat and Musketman are exchanged!

Have fun.

Brought to you by the letter L :p

Excellent, thank you very much!

Btw, you have it backwards on your instructions. What you have as "You should change it" is actually the way it comes originally and vice versa.

Excellent, thank you very much!

Btw, you have it backwards on your instructions. What you have as "You should change it" is actually the way it comes originally and vice versa.
Hmmm. I just checked the file from VD 9.2 "Cheetah", and I have it right...

If I had it wrong, you wouldn't have needed to ask how to fix it. :dunno:

Top Bottom