How to fix this start?

jdstacey

Chieftain
This one really ****ed me off. :mad:

SIP gives:

Spoiler :

I'm thinking of reloading and settling 2S, 2N1E, or just punting.

That's pretty funny. While SIP'ing does waste the fish, that is still a powerful capital though. You might want to just suck it up.

I would continue exploring a little farther with the scout if I were to play this with map knowledge, but you might consider settling on the sheep. You get to keep the deer and possibly more hills. The nice thing about keeping the deer over keeping the sheep is tile sharing when you build the city for the fish.

If I restart this, I'd go to where the warrior started, north of the sheep.

Alternately, to the grass hill across the lake from the sheep, or the tile just north of that.

nvm...

Seafoods are sometimes just...hmmmpfff...

Really, that would be a kind of start I would ragequit given the loss of food resources due to minimal distance between inland cities. A kind of situation where nothing can prevent us from such loss except biting hard, suppose, explore and lose few turns of moving your settler.

Peninsula-like starting locations are already a pain, but sea food loss just add more to the injury.

On normal speed, a big no-no to lose turns for no valid reasons.

suck it up and play

Eh, things like that annoy me pretty bad also. My inner perfectionist would be annoyed all game long.

Spend a turn moving 3 north with the initial settler.

Settle your second city on the deer.

If I got pissed every time this happened to me, I'd died of a few heart attacks already. :lol:

Peninsula starts blow, though.

Harsh but this is the right attitude for becoming an ironman type of player. :goodjob:

We haven't seen the rest of the map yet.

This might be a hard map to play because of SIP nonsense (where they player had no way of knowing how bad it was to do so), but it also might be easy.

We haven't seen the rest of the map yet.

This might be a hard map to play because of SIP nonsense (where they player had no way of knowing how bad it was to do so), but it also might be easy.

Yes. First it depends of level of difficulty; a monarch game can aspire with great odds to win even though losing two precious strong food source, but for IMM+, losing such food might be killer. Right, the capital is good, but it may be the rare food sources around because of such loss. And those sheeps are so-so, especially the one on PH. If only there was a river next to them, at least, it would bring up the quality.

Still, he has a strong leader like Hannibal. Then, a TGL+Colossus might save the day.
Or horses may appear next to the wet corn once AH on line.

I think the OP should post his save to enhance strategic discussion around such start.

I would have settled 2N1E after moving my warri, and seeing better production up here.
Cos that's what matters without rivers, not a Bur. Capi but can be good prod..if you'd have moved ;)

Dude, your capital has 3 food tiles, including WET CORN, plus enough hills to keep you in production for a good long while. This screams early rush.

Yeah, you lost out on some fishes. Fish really aren't the be-all-end-all of resources.

I wish I had your bad luck.

I wouldn't go plan a rush before I know where my neighbours are. Early rushes aren't very fun if you're alone on an island.

Look on the bright side, that's two nice fishies for when you found Sid's Sushi.

On a more serious note, 2N 1E looks good and lets you found a fish/deer city to the south. Although my spidey senses tell me there's desert to the north of the hill sheep.

Top Bottom