How to get earliest Mayan Long Count?

Cromagnus

Deity
Short of a GL, I'm struggling to get Theology completed by turn 61. (Necessary to get the Long Count on 62)

Heck, I'm struggling to get it by t72, although I have done it once.

Any tips out there? Techs to skip? Order to build? Libraries before Pyramids? NC comes too late to help you get there by t62.. heck it's hard to get NC out early enough to help you get there by t72. Maybe TR + Pyramids first? Libraries last? Or internal TR for growth + Libraries?

I'm talking Standard/Standard/Deity here.

i think I did a turn 47 or 48 Theo in my maya fast win bnw game - but its been with gl and really good land (no legendary one thou) - hard to replicate

without gl things will take longer obviously but u can do 2 fast caravans instead netting about same bakkers over time.

Just NC timing gets bit harder, you should really try get it FAST after Philo be rdy to do some choping ..

Why not just steal workers and dow every1 u see - should get gl like that :)

It is a little bit easier on maps smaller than Standard, where tech costs are about 9% lower.

Yeah, GL seems like the only way... blech. Fast caravans get me close, but there's no compensating for free Philosophy. Besides, with the maya, there's just too much to rush-buy... libraries, pyramids, caravans. :lol:

My best attempt without GL so far was t65 Theology, and that was really an ideal start.

Oh well, screw it... it's not important, t72 is fine and for my purposes it's better, actually. Otherwise I'm just wasting a GM, since the game is stupid and spawning a long count prophet affects GS point cost. :(

Oh well, screw it... it's not important, t72 is fine and for my purposes it's better, actually. Otherwise I'm just wasting a GM, since the game is stupid and spawning a long count prophet affects GS point cost. :(

Is that true? Does General or Admiral also affect GS cost?

Nope, Generals and Admirals are properly on a separate counter. I think the prophet thing is a bug.

Top Bottom