how to get out of wars?

brewgod

Prince
Hello guys
I am currently in the future era and I believe due to my voting the Celts and Pocatello and Shaka all declared war on me. A city next to five others Zulu cities converted to me once the declared war. So I got bombers and tanks and took over all of those cities. Shaka finally made peace. What the best way to make peace. You need to wipe out their navy or take cities.
Also I have great relationship with Incas and Germany but once I built atomic bombs they both came to me and said I am Afraid. What's up with that.

Thoughts?
Brew God

Sometimes I killed every single unit and took every city but their last and still they had things to settle. To me it's a complete mystery how this system works. Today I took one (1!) city from the Babylonian and 4 civs DOW'd me, all the other went denouncing.

Actually it's just an invisible dice in the background of the game.

Also I have great relationship with Incas and Germany but once I built atomic bombs they both came to me and said I am Afraid. What's up with that.

AI's are hard-coded to become afraid (if they are not in "I hate you for the rest of eternity"-mode) once you obtain nukes while they cannot build any.

Actually it's just an invisible dice in the background of the game.

It's not random at all.

First of all, if the AIs declare war in a pact then they can't offer peace for 15 turns, no matter how poorly the war is going for them.

Second of all, if the other Civs already didn't like you then taking a city from Babylon could have given enough of a warmonger penalty to push the other Civs "over the edge."

In general the AI has to think either the war is not worth continuing (aka, turning into a meat grinder without much progress or actually losing) to be willing to take peace AND the required number of turns has to have passed.

I do not want to get too much off-topic, but sometimes everyone is still fine after I captured 1/3 of the continent and the other time everyone is going crazy after two cities. It was an Xbow rush on A continent map, I met half of the civs in the middle of the war so there really should be no issue before that.

During the next three turns, everybody (7 civs!) denounced me. I gave up worrying about that warmonger stuff recently as everyone is going against you at some time. It's not like in Civ 4 where you actually could have a true ally for the whole game. Even if everything is great.. You share a religion, you liberated some of their cities, you traded, you did not spy... If you take an ideology and your partner is taking another you are done. Or if you got backstabbed by someone else, fought back and took some of your cities just to get them to accept peace: "they think you are settling citis too aggrssively". Yeah, right. Then you get denounced, Friendly changes tp Guarded and a few turns later they will declare war. It happens everytime.

But this is not on the topic here. I am pretty sure that my wars lastest longer than 12 turns. Sometimes they just refuse to make peace. It's the same when you reduce them to one city - they will not give you anything besides the Peace Treaty. No GP, no Luxuries. If you make peace when they have two or more cities left, they will throw their stuff at you without even asking.

Sometimes they just refuse to make peace.

True that. Some of that is personality based. Askia goes to war at the drop of a hat and but settles equally quickly. Others, like Elizabeth, just seem to never get over it.

If you're going through an x bow rush and you don't have the x bows and instead have the composites for defense then good luck because you'll need it. Xbow rush are really powerful and are often underestimated by many players.

Moderator Action: Please do not spam threads with off-topic observations.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Top Bottom