HOW TO: Get your mod to load faster

I know its been a while since the last post on this thread but I had a question about doing this.

If I am using some mods that already have fpk files in them do I have to unpack all of it, combine them all together (along with my art files) and then re-pack them? Or can I just pack mine up on their own?

You can have multiple FPK files, each with different things in them... it makes no difference.

If somebody has ModArt1.FPK, with 300 new units, and you just wanted to add 12 more units, you could create ModArt2.FPK and stick it in there next to the other FPK without any problems.

Does it have to have the same name? Like follow the same structure or could I name it WHATEVERIWANT.fpk?
WHATEVERIWANT.fpk is an FPK I often use. :lol:

Use whatever you want for the name... mix and match as you please.

Thank you for the load time help!
Is there a way that the speed between turns can be altered? I made myself an expanded "Legends of Revolution" mod full of 50+ new units. unfortunately, in doing so the game between turns even at the start of the game lags and takes significantly longer than the normal base game of Legends. I have an Acer Nito I7 Nividia 3060 so I don't believe it is a PC issue. Is there a fix for this?

Is there a way that the speed between turns can be altered?
Mod the DLL file to optimize the code used by the AI. This is generally seen as one of the hardest tasks in all of civ4 modding. Other than that, get a CPU with good single core performance and as much cache as possible. 3D cache is useful for this. Low latency RAM is useful too, through that shouldn't matter much if you have enough CPU cache.

Anything to do other than new hardware or suddenly being good at programming.... not really.

I have an Acer Nito I7 Nividia 3060
The GPU requirements are extremely low for the civ4 engine. You will be CPU bottlenecked even when using integrated graphics. My prediction is that you will use like 1% of the GPU while waiting between turns.

Top Bottom