How to host multiple Pitboss games?

LordRahl

The Objectivist
I have one server, but want to host multiple (at least 2) Pitboss games on it. I tried it last night, and the problem was that my client always ended up logging into the first Pitboss game, and there was no way to join the second. Is this configuration even possible? How can the client specify which game to join? Do I need to set up separate ports for each Pitboss game? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to run a second instance of PTBS, and specify a different .INI file. In that file specify a different port, then tell your players to add that port # to the IP address when they try to log in.

And don't forget to forwad that port to your server system.

Do I need to have two instances of all civ files, or just two .ini files?

I'm pretty sure you just need to run a second instance of the executable. You shouldn't need to have any copies of the files. But that might just be me (I have two processors, so sometimes I can run multiple processes that otehrs can't).

You'll need to make a shortcut to the pitboss executable that uses a switch to point it to the other INI... I'm not sure of the switch, but for the Civ4 exe, the ini switch is just 'ini=filename'... I'm assuming it's the same for pitboss, but I could be wrong.

Top Bottom