How to install on a tablet?

Koszmar

Chieftain
I loved playing civ 4/bts on my pc but have a tablet with keyboard that has no cd drive but I still have the games on cd.

How do I get it onto my tablet?

Thanks.

I don’t have much of a clue here. Never heard of anyone playing Civ IV or any PC game on a tablet. When I think of tablets I think of mobile games for iOS or Android.

However, you did not mention what kind of tablet you have. I did a search for answers and it appears that the Microsoft Surface works for PC games or other Windows based tablets. No clue if it holds up for big games or not.

Anyway, you can buy digital games now. Look for IV on sale at Steam or GOG. You can get it for around $7.

My guess is IV won’t play well with tablets mor be very touch friendly.

Last edited:
If anyone gets it working decently, please post about it here.

I have a Surface Pro 6 I7 16 GB Ram and it works fine but with the lowest graphical settings
The game will run fine no worries at all I play on huge maps too

I consider the Surface more of a laptop but thanks for letting us know. It might be a future option.

Buy a USB DVD Drive and install it through that. You can get some cheap ones on eBay (under $15 with shipping). Otherwise, buy the game on Steam and download it (the presently more expensive option).

Could you just copy the DVDs to a thumb drive and install it from there?

This may sound stupid but can I put the game into a standard dvd player and connect the dvd player to the tablet? My (Microsoft) tablet has usb ports.

Thanks.

I can't imagine trying to play this without a mouse and keyboard.

Top Bottom