How to make changing turn quicker?

TurboJ

Warlord
When you click 'nect turn' it can take a surprisingly long time processing the other Civs and CS's turns. I mean even in early game when there is not yet so much to happen. I have seen however on some YouTube videos that happening much more quickly.

Are there settings or mods that improve the waiting times between turns?

I'm pretty sure it's not my computer (4770k, 16Gb and GTX 760 SLI).

however, a disadvantage of quick movement and combat is, during a war, you may not have any idea where your enemy go(due to FoW and since u cant see the movement, gg).

however, a disadvantage of quick movement and combat is, during a war, you may not have any idea where your enemy go(due to FoW and since u cant see the movement, gg).

This is why you should look up the Quick Turns mod on Steam. It enables smart toggling of Quick Movement/Combat, such as automatically making the AI move normally when at war with you while when not in war, everything happens in Quick Movement mode.

Turning on quick movement improves turn times dramatically.

I guess that has to be the thing I've seen on YouTube. Alas, not for me. I guess I'll just have to try be patient :)

This is why you should look up the Quick Turns mod on Steam. It enables smart toggling of Quick Movement/Combat, such as automatically making the AI move normally when at war with you while when not in war, everything happens in Quick Movement mode.

I'll have to take a look at that, thanks!

Another thing to try is to make a multiplayer hybrid game on your LAN with only one human player and the rest AI's. All the AI's go simultaneously unless there's war.

Nice. Will check. ;)

I've found that switching to strategic view before pressing turn ends speeds things up a lot.

Ironically, its really hard to tell what is going on strategically though, so use only when you just want the speed.

Top Bottom