How to make them pay ?

FrancoisB

Chieftain
Hi all,

I am currently playing at Emperor (lv 6) and I fail to understand when the AI will agree to give you all their gold to make peace.

With mid-size armies, you can usually crush another civ until they are considered "weak" and they will agree to pay you. Sometimes, a far civ will declare war and will agree to peace and give you large sums even though you haven't sent any unit there.

I have been playing a few games trying to stay in the top 3 in SOLDIERS but still, some Civs won't give me a dime.

How can I make sure they will give me gold when we make peace?

thanks,

Some of them are just that stubborn, and most, if they're pretty sure you're going to wipe them out anyway, won't surrender ever.

But if you're in the early-midgame and they won't offer enough cash, you just haven't killed enough.

My experience (g&k) is they wont even make peace when they are clearly losing

Then suddenly they go crazy the other way and offer half their empire for peace

Maybee its just the wars ive had..

Even worse in BNW. Perhaps easier than in G&K to make peace, but I find it very difficult to extract gold (or gpt) from most defeated civs.

I've found that they start wanting to give you gold for peace when you're about to take one of ther cities. If you don't want the city,you can take it, then get the gold, then sell it back to whoever you took it from for a good amount of goodies. Not sure if this works every time, I've only tried it once.

Top Bottom