How to Mod the Territory.pcx File

Pounder

Phaethon was here
This is by far the hardest file to work with. :crazyeye:

I have made several territory files and I think I have figured out mostly everything.

The palette works inverse to other files, but not a straight negative either.

It will display differently in the editor than it will in the game :mad: . The only colours that display properly in both the editor and the game are the civ colours: Yellow representing the Civ colour and Red representing a lighter version of the Civ colour.

You can make a beautiful multi-colour file and it will show fine when used in the editor, but place it in the game and most of it will disappear. :(

Here is a list of the colours available and what they will be converted to when they are displayed in the game.

Pink (255,0,255) and Green 0,255,0), transaparent in most files except this one.

Choose>>>>>>>>>>>>>Displays
Pink >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Black
Green>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>White
Black>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hunter Green
White>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Clear Transparant
Yellow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Civ Colour
Red>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lighter Civ Colour

If you shift though the colours between pink and green you may get a few shades of gray displayed, that is; if you use lighter pinks and darker greens.

As you shift from black to whites through all the grays, you will go from a Hunter Green (0,0,0) through translucent shades of green (example 33,33,33, 77,77,77 etc..) to a totally transparant (255,255,255).

Hope this helps.

I may be inexperienced, but I think you should hyperlink it, or do html. Just a suggestion. That is all.

Top Bottom