How to play more than one mod at once?

jamaicagator

Chieftain
Hey, I'm sorry if this has already been discussed extensively, but is there any way to combine multiple mods to play them at once?

I've tried just copying the files from one into another, but some of the files inevitably have the same name, and I don't know if I can change the name to get them both in there without messing up the mod itself. For example, I'll try to play a mod with regimented units and one with new civilizations and leaders at the same time, but they both have XML files named CIV4UnitInfos.xml and CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml.

Thanks.

There is no easy way around this. You have to know which changes they made. You have to search the files, find the changes, do a copy and paste of the changes from one file to the other. The easiest to figure out are the XMLs. Python is not so easy and requires a basic understanding of programming.

tbd is working on his ModSwitcher program (see thread of same name) which compares a mod against your Civ4 Assets and lists every change to XML files and encodes every additional art file. It can then combine any number of mods together as a new Mod you can play just like normal. The latest version is still in testing but it would likly be able to do a lot what you want right now and if not tbd will be glad to make it do what you want.

Thanks for the input. I will definitely check out the thread you referenced.

Thanks again, and any more advice would be equally appreciated!

well done on being the 847324th person to start a thread about this. Next time, use the search button on the top right corner.

Lord Olleus said:
well done on being the 847324th person to start a thread about this. Next time, use the search button on the top right corner.

I can see what a great inconvenience this must have been for you. I did check the top two pages, if it makes you feel any better.

Personaly, I don't really care, but you'll get a reply quicker if you search the forums.

Lord Olleus said:
Personaly, I don't really care, but you'll get a reply quicker if you search the forums.

You know what would be even quicker? If you kept your sarcastic pomposity to yourself.

Top Bottom