How to prevent increasing difficulty?

pastacrusade

Chieftain
I started a game on the prince difficulty. Imagine my surprise when a few hundred turns into it I find out that my game difficulty has increased to deity. How do i stop that from happening?

I started a game on the prince difficulty. Imagine my surprise when a few hundred turns into it I find out that my game difficulty has increased to deity. How do i stop that from happening?

Turn off "Increasing Difficulty" under the BUG Options menu. You can also set it back to whatever level you want there.

I thought this was changed from default on to off in the SVN. If it hasn't been, it should be as those that want it can find it easier than those who don't.

I thought this was changed from default on to off in the SVN. If it hasn't been, it should be as those that want it can find it easier than those who don't.

It has always been default off as far as I can remember, he must have accidentally checked it or something.

It was on in my installation of a latest version of a mod. I use /altroot parameter so to use different settings for different mods so most likely it's "on" by default.

once you set up your BUG option to how you like them to be. Quit and then go to your caveman2cosmos folder and copy the usersettings folder and put it someone safe. Then whenever you update copy the usersettings back in and overwrite.

I looked at the log for the latest SVN this morning, and the default has been changed to off.

I looked at the log for the latest SVN this morning, and the default has been changed to off.

I stand corrected. I must have had my system in place for so long (which involves never deleting the UserSettings folder on an update) that I've forgotten what is on be default. :p

.............. SOOOO, what system is this ls612? I am tired of having to create a new folder every time I update the SVN :p

.............. SOOOO, what system is this ls612? I am tired of having to create a new folder every time I update the SVN :p

I only check out /trunk/assets of the SVN, and then replace the old Assets folder. If you aren't an SDK person you don't need the Sources, the Maps don't get changed too often, and the only other things that are excluded are extraneous.

Now that did cause some issues when I started doing SDK stuff, but since I have a 1 TB hard drive I just have 2 SVNs now, one that is like I said above, and the other is the whole SVN from the root (about 15 GB all told). That way I can do both things and commit from either, but only export the one with the Assets.

Top Bottom