how to remove a civ in the world build file?

Zygmunt

Warlord
Like im switching periods and a certain civ is gone by then. And does it have to be put empty at the end of the 17 civs in game? Or for example can it be lets say 6 that is empty and then 7 to 17 are playable civs? As long as 1 to 5?

I know there's a tiny formula for an empty spot. So what is it?

Heres the "formula" Now does a muted civ have to be at the end of the civ list or can it be #6? I have a mod i would like to cancel out the sixth civ as they did not exist during that time period

BeginPlayer
Team=16
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
Color=NONE
ArtStyle=NONE
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer

Hello Zygmunt!

I was really interested in the solution of your question, so I just tried it out myself! Here is your answere:

Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG

I have moved the 3rd civ to the 7th position. This means, that the position of your civ in the WBfile is only important for the order in which the civs appear (in the civ selection screen, one screen before, Mehmet was the last one instead of the third).
So you can remove and add your civs wherever you want!

Thank you! When i need that information you'll be the first to know! For now i just try to think of substitute civs if i want one removed and need one added to compensate

Hello Zygmunt!

I was really interested in the solution of your question, so I just tried it out myself! Here is your answere:

View attachment 668802

I have moved the 3rd civ to the 7th position. This means, that the position of your civ in the WBfile is only important for the order in which the civs appear (in the civ selection screen, one screen before, Mehmet was the last one instead of the third).
So you can remove and add your civs wherever you want!

So what do i insert in slot 6 to null it out but leave the other civs alone? Is this the generic muter?

BeginPlayer
Team=6
LeaderType=NONE
CivType=NONE
Color=NONE
ArtStyle=NONE
Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE
EndPlayer

Last edited:
So what do i insert in slot 6 to null it out but leave the other civs alone? Is this the generic muter?

Yes, it is. Just write afterwards the players you want with Team = 7, Team = 8 ...

Top Bottom