How to replace leaderhead 3D animations with 2D still images (& then add 2D leaders)

Does it work for you?
For me it results in a full white screen :(

Sorry, I made a wrong test.
I let in the script cubemap_prefix ="Napoleon" because previously it was required to avoid CTD when playing against the custom civ.

I've just repeated the test with your scripts and it really works (both with and against the custom civs).

Good catch and good news :)

Code:
<LeaderScene FallbackImage="briton_diplo.dds"></LeaderScene>

I am in the process of making my first mod creating a new civilization. I am trying ot change the leaderhead image in the diplomacy screen and have been carefully following the steps posted in this thread. The custon civ works fine when i play as them, but crashes the game every time I try to play against the custom civ. Could someone please attempt to tell me what I'm overlooking.

My Leader_****_xml file contains: <ArtDefineTag>Hitler_Scene.xml</ArtDefineTag>

Hitler_Scene.xml contains only:

<GameData>
<LeaderScene FallbackImage="Hitler_Diplo.dds"></LeaderScene>
</GameData>

Hitler_Scene.xml and Hitler_Diplo.dds are both located in my Art folder with Import into VFS set to true.

My first attemp at modding has otherwise been very successful and I hope to upload this and future mods to share with others who love the game. I geatly appreciate any help I could get. Thanks.

Heya, you guys are possibly going to hate me but I cannot get this 2d leaderhead business to work at all... I modded Civ 4 fairly successfully before so I thought Civ 5 would be possible too, but now i'm thinking otherwise.

Basically, I am trying to make a new Civ and have managed to get everything working perfectly except for the god-forsaken leaderhead :mad:

I have read through what has been said so far and tried everything suggested but it still crashes to desktop whenever I try and play a match against the custom civ.

In the Leader file I have the code: <ArtDefineTag>Beatrix_Scene.xml</ArtDefineTag>

When I try this with Elizabeth_Scene.xml it loads up her 3D leaderhead, etc absolutely fine. (Also it i possible to play the custom civ if you are controlling them, that works perfectly.)

So the next code is the Beatrix_Scene.xml file which consists entirely of:
<LeaderScene FallbackImage="Beatrix_Diplo.dds"></LeaderScene>

That's all it says (which might be the problem if i have misread something along the way) I have a picture saved called Beatrix_Diplo.dds which has VFS set to true.

(Does it matter where the Beatrix_Scene.xml file is being placed? Mine is currently in the leader folder)

Now, I might be being an idiot in which case you have permission to point and laugh :king: but any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Something to note, firstly, whenever I play in Directx9, the leaderheads still move about in 3d, rather than being still images. Is that normal? Also, if I just copy what was posted earlier in this thread from Elizabeth_Scene.xml exactly as it is written on here, into the Beatrix_Scene.xml folder, the game still crashes to desktop when it loads. Is that normal as well? People have mentioned whitescreens during diplomacy, but I can't even begin the game without it failing.

Thank you for taking the time to read my pleas for aid! Any help would be greatly appreciated, ta! Oh, and if you require more code or whatever, please just ask!

Taffyrei

@Taffyrei

I believe you need the whole leader_Scene.xml to make it function, not just the top line (although the only thing actually used will be the fallback image in the top line). So just copy the whole of Elizabeth's file but only change the fallback image.

Also, not stated in this guide, nor any others from 2010, you now need to set VFS=True in modbuddy for the leader_Scene.xml (select the file, then look below under properties). I believe this is the rule to follow for any file that is not "added" in some other way (ie, OnModActivated or InGameUIAddin).

you need just the top line, nothing else, but vfs must be set to true, yes.

Ah yes, thank you so much! It work, I really appreciate your assistance!

To sum up what I did for anyone else having these problems, I set the XFS to true on the Leader_scene.XML file and copied the entire contens of the Elizabeth_scene.xml here.When I played it loaded (for the first time using a custom leader_scene.xml folder) and ran the scene of Elizabeth on her throne. I then tweaked the leader_scene.xml file so it only had the <ArtDefineTag>Beatrix_Scene.xml</ArtDefineTag> code and ran it again and it worked perfectly!

I think the main difference was that I was not running XFS as 'true' for the leader_Scene.xml file. thank you so much for your help, i really appreciate it! :D

You should see a "properties" window directly below the Solution Explorer. If you don't, then right-click the file and select properties (scroll down and click Misc if you still don't see it).

Top Bottom