How to start multiplayer?

Atreju

Warlord
I just don't know how it works to start a mulitplayer game with someone else.Can anyone please explain me?

There are a few ways. The two most popular are gamespy and direct IP connection.
The easiest way is to start a new game in the direct IP connection option and give your IP to the player you want to play with and have him use the connect to option in the direct ip connection option. I'd do screen print if I was home. I'm not a fan of gamespy.

Hi Atejru

Like you I've been wondering how to start multiplayer

Do you fancy a game sometime?

So I just have to give you my IP-address and then you can connect yourself with my game?When you have time to play?

There are ALWAYS players available on gamesspy but you may not that crew. Mostly blazing speed players that quit if they don't get a great start. I don't want to stereotype them but I haven't had a lot of good experiences there.

If you guys want I'll play with you guys sometime this Spring Break. I don't know about the direct connection option, but if you create a Gamespy account you can login and join a game. If you want it could just be the three of us in a password protected game. I've played multiplayer a bit and even though I'm not terribly good I could give you guys some pointers. Really, if you go straight to online without knowing what it's like before hand you will get crushed.

Check out "Ten Mistakes Offline Players make when Playing Online" here: <http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/strategy/mp_mistakes.php>

I disagree somewhat with a few things, but the most important lesson by FAR to take away from it is to BUILD YOUR MILITARY. Many onine players are, unfortunately, warmongers, though there are some games that turn out differently. Always be ready.

I made a GameSpy account now, but i cant connect myself to any other games.It always says the waiting period to connect to the host is expired.Does anyone has a solution?

Top Bottom